Who was protecting Jimmy Saville

[quote=“larryduff, post: 721195”]The attacks on BBC by Mail etc are pretty disgraceful. Glee they have taken given some of their own content is ironic. Powerful groups on the right have been trying to hammer BBC ever since Iraq and their efforts have increased since Leveson. Grand alliance of papers now using any means to protect themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIx_b41wzbs[/quote]

Lord MacAlpine is going to sue their asses off. The victim has apologised and now says that the perp was someone else. The BBC should be shut down.

Eh why? Massive blunder by Newsnight all right but worth remembering they never even named mcalpine.
BBC are by and large outstanding at covering current affairs. Along with Channel 4 they are streets ahead of ITV, Sky and put coverage here to shame. The attacks on them from those on the right is pathetic really.

[quote=“larryduff, post: 721206”]

Eh why? Massive blunder by Newsnight all right but worth remembering they never even named mcalpine.
BBC are by and large outstanding at covering current affairs. Along with Channel 4 they are streets ahead of ITV, Sky and put coverage here to shame. The attacks on them from those on the right is pathetic really.[/quote]

No one is above criticism Larry. And most of their stars dodging tax. Disgraceful.

Newsnight broadcasting an apology as we type.

All kicking off on Newsnight alright. It seems they’re apologising for not identifying someone who was falsely accused by the internet.

Looks like the wrong McAlpine was blamed

Hopefully this doesn’t derail the investigation into the other cunts involved.

Newsnight appear to have “Primetimed” themselves …

Former Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis has been arrested as part of the police probe set up in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal

It’s been fairly obvious for a while that theyd be bringing the Hairy Cornflake in for questioning. It wouldnt surprise me if this fellow was a cereal abuser.

Cat got your tongue Larry Duff?

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 721213”]

It’s been fairly obvious for a while that theyd be bringing the Hairy Cornflake in for questioning. It wouldnt surprise me if this fellow was a cereal abuser.[/quote]

could all be another noel edmonds gotcha

[quote=“larryduff, post: 721206”]

BBC are by and large outstanding at covering current affairs. Along with Channel 4 they are streets ahead of ITV, Sky and put coverage here to shame. The attacks on them from those on the right is pathetic really.[/quote]

When Eammon Holmes left BBC ulster larry turned over to sky for a period.

I note that balbec has failed to credit The Guardian with their excellent investigative work in establishing the innocence of that Tory paedo*.

That’s disappointing and leaves others with little choice but assume the poster in question has a dishonest agenda with regard to this story.

*Or, rather, the chap that the internet thought was a paedo. Also the same chap that the BBC didn’t name as a paedo but whose name (as well as others) ITV accidentally on purpose flashed across the screen.

Moral of the story - irresponsible private sector muckraking - shut ITV down.

BBC have settled out of court with that Tory they didn’t name for £185,000.

I applaud the Guardian’s diligence Sidney. I just wish the BBC applied the same diligence.

he’d get that much here if he found a fly larva in his rice crispies

DJ Dave Lee Travis has said his arrest on suspicion of sexual offences is “nothing to do with kids” and denies any wrongdoing.

Lord macalpine is as innocent in this as the munster gga council.

I grafted hard and I’ve got me cards and many a gangers fist across me ears
If you pride your life, don’t join, by Christ, with McAlpine’s Fusiliers

Any connection between Saville’s crew and the Adams family in Belfast?