Who Would Win The Following Fight On Aggregate?

[quote=“Bandage”]So, I think we can tentatively conclude that football managers should change the analogy to:

‘He showed the heart of a polar bear to play on through the pain barrier.’[/quote]

Maybe

‘He showed the forequarters of a polar bear to play on through the pain barrier’

[quote=“Mac”]The lion wouldnt get out of the Arctic ocean.

Also, dont polar bears only reside in the Antarctic so a first leg on neutral ground is hardly fair[/quote]

Surely someone who confuses a penguin and a polar bear should be a shoo-in for idiot of the month???

Onto more serious matters, the polar bear wins every time I say.

Mac = IOTM Candidate.

Getting backs to Jugs’ question earlier on this thread, I was reading another forum a while back and they were debating whether big cats such as tigers and lions fight each other or if there’s a sort of mutual respect and distance kept between them.

That got me thinking about taking things a bot further and arranging a fight between two beasts from different environments such as a lion and a polar bear.

One of the ultimate inter species conflicts:

YouTube - Battle at Kruger

I was all for the polar bear until I read that. I’ve seen bears on Blue Planet or something like that and they can be ages without food when waiting for the seasons to change and they don’t have the energy to attack seals or anything then because they’re too weak. In that context you’d have to fancy the lion in certain months of the year - if he brought energy bars and stuff with him. But if the lion simply strolled up north to fight the bear expecting to get his fix of grub up there then he might be in the same situation as the polar bear by the time the fight comes around.

There’s a book called Bear v Shark that addresses this very issue. Available in all good bookshops.

what if the lion under went a trainig regime similar to sylvester stallone in rocky VI when he fought the russian to acclimatise…

The lighter the bear is the more likely he is to survive in the heat. A heavier bear wouldn’t last pissing time in the heat (ref: National Geographic).

Meaning the lion could easily pile on the pounds to provide more warmth in the artic, and the bear would have to lose a lot of weight to survive in the desert.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_would_win_a_Polar_Bear_and_a_lion

Meanwhile, looks like there’s another forum who discussed this back in 2005

http://forums.gearwire.com/free-fire-zone/261-polar-bear-vs-lion.html

@Bandage— breaking news, pal.

[SIZE=6]Australia: Snake eats crocodile after battle[/SIZE]

A snake has won a lengthy battle with a crocodile in northern Queensland, wrestling it, constricting it and then finally eating it.

The incident at Lake Moondarra, near Mount Isa, was captured on camera by local residents on Sunday.

The 10-ft snake, thought to be a python, coiled itself around the crocodile and the two struggled in the water.

The snake later brought the dead crocodile onto land and ate it.

Tiffany Corlis, a local author, saw the fight and took these pictures.

“It was amazing,” she told the BBC. “We saw the snake fighting with the crocodile - it would roll the crocodile around to get a better grip, and coil its body around the crocodile’s legs to hold it tight.”

“The fight began in the water - the crocodile was trying to hold its head out of the water at one time, and the snake was constricting it.”

“After the crocodile had died, the snake uncoiled itself, came around to the front, and started to eat the crocodile, face-first,” she added.

Ms Corlis said it appeared to take the snake around 15 minutes to eat the crocodile.

The snake was “definitely very full,” when it finished, she said. “I don’t know where it went after that - we all left, thinking we didn’t want to stick around!”

‘Flexible jaws’
Another witness, Alyce Rosenthal, told local media that the two creatures fought for about five hours. By the end, they appeared exhausted, she said.

“It’s not something that you see every day,” she said.

Pythons kill their prey by tightening their coils around the animal as it breathes out.

This can cause the animal to suffocate or suffer heart failure, allowing the python to swallow its prey whole. Many snakes have flexible jaws that enable them to swallow prey many times their own body size.

A 2012 study published in the Royal Society journal Biology Letters suggested that snakes could sense their victim’s heartbeat, and let go when it stopped, preventing it from using more energy than required.

The Australian state of Queensland is home to some of the world’s most dangerous snakes, as well as saltwater crocodiles

Wow. Just wow.

The fucking size of that snake. And I live in the same country as it. Fucking hell, thats fairly put the shits up me.

@The Wild Colonial Bhoy - you OK mate?

That’s some good eating, right there

Why does the Polar Bear get home advantage (Arctic), while the Lion has to fight at a neutral venue (Sahara)?
Why doesn’t the lion get to fight in sub Saharan Africa or that part of India they still live?
Did his supporters (Rhinos, hippos and cheetahs) cause trouble at a previous fight and were forced to move to a neutral venue by the world governing body?

Bump @TheUlteriorMotive @anon61956325

1 Like

The heat in the desert would kill a polar bear. Unless the fight is staged at night? Tigers manage quite well in the snow, I’d say a lion could manage the best as long as it kept moving.

Imagine the jocularity if the lion won, left the bear for dead and walked off- only for someone to say, “we can’t just leave that lyin’ there”. At this point someone would point out that it’s not the lion, it’s the bear. Hilarious.

Ah lads, a polar bear is the biggest land predator, he’d bate the head off a lion. A tiger against. Polar bear might be interesting.

I’d be bear-faced lion if I said this fight grabbed my attention like Jaws vs Free Willy over on the other thread.

Polar bears are pussies. Can’t adapt for shit. A bit of heat and they’re moping around an ice cube. Fuck off and get some moxy. A bit of grifting.

1 Like

Would a lion not box the head off a tiger?