Who'll be the next Tipperary manager

Yeah spot on. For me the talent levels drop off a cliff when you look outside our first 15. No one on bench that you could be confident in. Bubbles included as his attitude just stinks. Connors, Curran arenā€™t up to it. Dare I say we are starting to carry fellas now as well in first 15. Kennedy just isnt up to it. Not at FB, not at HB and not anywhere. Too ponderous, one sided and poor first touch means to me he is not an intercounty hurler. I noticed on another thread you classed OBrien and D Maher as honest but limited. Those 2 seem to know their limitations. I dont think Kennedy does. The 2 corner backs today were physical and more than held their own. I just dont think Kennedy has the agression or physicality to make up for other deficits in his game like the 2 others.

Its rare at a game that you would see a half forward putting his hand up for every puckout waving furiously at his goal keeper to drop the ball down on his head every single time and thats what happened today when Kennedy was switched onto Duggan. It was embarrassing and akin to bullying an opponent.There needs to be a bit of a dog in an intercounty back these days and he doesnt have it. James Barry has had bad days but my god he wouldnt get bullied or if he was to have a bad day it would be against someone like TJ Reid.

U20 game vs Limerick Wednesday 2 weeks has even more significance after today. We need 5 or 6 players to seriously stick their hand up.

2 Likes

I feel sorry for Barry.
He was fucked in FB and won an All Star. Had 2 poor league games & lost his spot. Thatā€™s fair enough.
But, weā€™ve struggled at FB since the Gaelic Grounds and Kennedy got 4 championship games. Unmoved.

Seamus is a grand fella, probably too fair & straight. You need a lad FB who knows when to give a dig or batt a ball.

1 Like

Very grim reading.

1 Like

Brophy is some ape.

2 Likes

An fear rua was always known as the ā€˜boss manā€™ by the Tipp lads, itā€™s a dream job for him but heā€™ll be up the walls with the anniversary of the Limetick Soviet

Tipperary fans are watery as fuck they wonā€™t turn out for their teams when going very bad and you wonā€™t hear them pipe up in the stands to try to dig their teams out of a hole.

3 Likes

They are woeful.

Limerick are the Mayo of hurling in this regard, looked to be another big crowd again today there. I hope ye do it this year

Think it may be a year or two too soon.

Paudie butler

2 Likes

:joy:
Heā€™s a fucking eejet. The attendance was 21k
I reckon 15k were from Tipp.

Most of these Tipp GAA journalists are utter gobshites

Heā€™s harmless enough. Was in college with him years back. Dunno what he was on about today though. Decent Tipp support out

Iā€™m genuinely surprised that heā€™s never been a selector at senior level for us. I think that ship has sailed for him now though

My sources say Sheedy will be tempted back. 8 years out of management so not sure will he be up for it. A lot of rebuilding ahead.

Cummins and Eoin Kelly lined up as part of the ticket. And a very left field selection as coach

A Clubman of his said to me last year that heā€™s too interested in hurling the ball as opposed to the man

Paul Curran was sitting in front of me in the old stand today. Him in his prime would have been the opposite of that

2 Likes

To be fair to Barry, I think he struggled a lot at full back last year too, but unlike others (eg Brendan Maher) he didnā€™t get a significant opportunity to rehabilitate himself in another position (such as half back, which heā€™d be more suited to).

1 Like

In fairness most counties fan bases are watery as fuck. The Rugby haters in the GGA wouldnt admit it but the GGA is the biggest bandwagon of all

3 Likes

If it was my choice in the morning, Iā€™d give the gig to Babs.

You are spot on . The oirish are in the main big day event junkies in all sports .