Who's the fool?

We hate Foley around here CLG:

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=1823&highlight=boards.ie+foley

On a slightly different Today FM topic, I was listening to Ian Dempsey this morning in work, and apparantly all the daytime presenters, Dempsey, Darcy, Foley, Fenton, Cooper and McCloon are going to do shows in the nip and get their protraits done while presenting. This was one of the items on this mornings 7am news, I can only assume that this was a piss take as I didn’t get to listen to the rest of the breakfast show.

[quote=“The Runt”]Limerick to go in Budget cutbacks :rolleyes:

http://independentnewspapers.optophonic.com/leaked-budget-document-reveals-limerick-to-go-169498c.html[/quote]

it been taken down now

Eh no it’s not

damn your quick i sent the link to someone on messenger and it didnt work and by time i tested it myself post to posting that i noticed it was working and deleted my comment…

Play your cards right and he’ll show you just how quick he is…

Heard the one about the tagging of Tax Exiles on Morning Ireland. Didn’t cop it at the time but thought it seemed a little extreme, not to mention unlikely. Then about 15 minutes later in the car, thinking about jokes that might be doing the rounds today it clicked with me.

Also saw one in the Herald AM about Roy Kean becoming the 4th Cork hurling Selector and another about barring graduates from leaving the country until they’ve paid for their courses.

[quote=“Shadow”]
Also saw one in the Herald AM about Roy Kean becoming the 4th Cork hurling Selector[/quote]

New Rebel Boss Walsh Snaps up hero Roy
Speculation was mounting last night that the hunt for a fourth Cork hurling selector is over - with local hero Roy Keane apparently receiving the nod to join forces with Pat Buckley, Gerry Ryan and Pa Finn along with Denis Walsh.
New manager Walsh was given the keys to Cork hurling on Sunday and has since been frantically looking to add a fourth member to his backroom team. That search now looks to be over.
A source on Leeside, Keane’s best friend Mr T Riggs, said that the deal was as good as done. “The deal is as good as done,” he said late last night.
Mr T Riggs also added that should the former Sunderland manager take up the role, he might give inter-county rivals some pause for thought by bringing his trusted dog to the training sessions; a tactic which Keane’s hero Brian Clough employed at Nottingham Forest.
However, it is thought the hurlers might be unhappy were keane to do this and it is likely they would be quick to raise their concerns with the board should such a scenario arise.
An immediate clear-out of the so-called Rebel ‘prawn-sandwich brigade’ would no doubt be the first thing on the agenda for the notoriously strict boss.
Keane was unavailable for comment last night but it is believed that he is busy preparing for the role. Mr T Riggs refused to corroborate this, saying only, “if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.” “After what Kilkenny did to Cork last year, people think these hurlers are all bark but no bite, but we’re going to change that,” before adding ominously, “those pesky Cats won’t know whats hit them.”
Source: Herald AM Sport, Wednesday 1 April 2009

[quote=“The Runt”]Limerick to go in Budget cutbacks :rolleyes:

http://independentnewspapers.optophonic.com/leaked-budget-document-reveals-limerick-to-go-169498c.html[/quote]

They should have used Waterford… Cian Foley would have had a field day.

I like the ones about damning the Yarra river and the local MPs opening their electoral offices for free childcare.
http://www.theage.com.au/national/april-fools-pranksters-out-in-force-20090401-9iso.html

So which of today’s news stories are April Fools?
I suspect the one about Centerparcs buying a site in Ballymahon and the one about having to register twice to get the water grant. But nothing blindingly obvious.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1116439, member: 706”]So which of today’s news stories are April Fools?
I suspect the one about Centerparcs buying a site in Ballymahon and the one about having to register twice to get the water grant. But nothing blindingly obvious.[/QUOTE]

The Journal are implementing a paywall for their comments section. It kicks in on April 31st.

JC played number 6 in Galway training last night

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1116439, member: 706”]So which of today’s news stories are April Fools?
I suspect the one about Centerparcs buying a site in Ballymahon and the one about having to register twice to get the water grant. But nothing blindingly obvious.[/QUOTE]

Would the Centerparcs one be an April fools? It’s a crap one if so. I had heard before about centerparcs looking to open in Ireland.

On morning Ireland they specifically said the Centre Parcs one wasn’t an April Fools…

Jim Gavin recruiting a basketball coach to help him break down blanket defence teams.

@caoimhaoin will be along shortly to explain the merits of such an approach.

It would be some shit joke. Hey Longford, we have 600 badly needed new jobs coming your way. Ahhhh only messing, we have fuck all jobs for ye.

:smiley:

Worked on me.

Just realised @Bandage caught me a beaut there with his “I got an A1 in English in the leaving cert”, gas cunt!

I must be tweaking your interest that you keep tagging me.
Basketball is a very popular secondary/winter sport in the highways and byways of Kerry.

Mind you it is all down to the coach, can he bring a transfer of training. It could be Doc Rivers, but if he can’t get “gah” then it’s useless.

Good idea overall though as they play against it all the time.

I have seen teams already figure it out though and have my own thoughts on it. It’s not as hard as people think, but then again is pretty reliant on the players at your disposal.

As for silly training, Cork Seniors were hitting tyres last night! I kid you not. And on the other side of us the Cork Minors were getting abused from the sidelines. Some serious jackasses involved these days.