Why Portugal are the real dark horses for the FIFA World Cup 2014

1. I’ve a bet on them

2. Cristiano Ronaldo - the Worlds greatest player

3. Pepe - the Worlds most obnoxious player, but he’s ours

4. Tough group, with USA, Ghana and Germany, but Portugal have been one if the most consistent teams at tournaments since 2000, usually making it to knockout stages, and when they do lose it’s by the odd goal.

EC 2000 semi-final to France AET
WC 2002 group stage elimination*
EC 2004 runners up
WC 2006 semi-finals again losing to France 0-1
EC 2008 1/4 Finals loss to Germany 2-3
WC 2010 2nd Rd loss to eventual winners Spain 0-1
EC 2012 Semi Final loss on penalties to eventual winners Spain

*lost to South Korea in final match amidst controversial decisions, that later befell anyone else who played the Koreans.

1. Path to final.
    If Portugal finish second to Germany as expected they will face winners of Group G - Belgium or Russia. I’d take Portugal there

Win that and it’s the quarter final should be against winners of Group F - Argentina. This is the big test. Ronaldo v Messi. This is the tough one but Argentina aren’t blessed at the back and Agüero & Messi may not be 100% fit by this time.

But win this Suddenly you’re in the semi final and each way bets coming in.

1. This
    [ATTACH=full]1314[/ATTACH]

2. Portugal actually discovered Brazil in 1500. Due to the historical links they should also benefit from neutral support in key games which will aid progress.

3. Brazil was a colony of Portugal till the 19th century where they pillaged everything up to then. So what’s another small little trophy to take home?

4. Cristiano Ronaldo - yes he’s that good

5. In the year Eusebio died it would be a fitting tribute for Portugal to lift the WC in honour of the man from Mozambique.

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 953523, member: 1408”]1. I’ve a bet on them

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - the Worlds greatest player

2. Pepe - the Worlds most obnoxious player, but he’s ours

3. Tough group, with USA, Ghana and Germany, but Portugal have been one if the most consistent teams at tournaments since 2000, usually making it to knockout stages, and when they do lose it’s by the odd goal.

EC 2000 semi-final to France AET
WC 2002 group stage elimination*
EC 2004 runners up
WC 2006 semi-finals again losing to France 0-1
EC 2008 1/4 Finals loss to Germany 2-3
WC 2010 2nd Rd loss to eventual winners Spain 0-1
EC 2012 Semi Final loss on penalties to eventual winners Spain

*lost to South Korea in final match amidst controversial decisions, that later befell anyone else who played the Koreans.

1. Path to final.
    If Portugal finish second to Germany as expected they will face winners of Group G - Belgium or Russia. I’d take Portugal there

Win that and it’s the quarter final should be against winners of Group F - Argentina. This is the big test. Ronaldo v Messi. This is the tough one but Argentina aren’t blessed at the back and Agüero & Messi may not be 100% fit by this time.

But win this Suddenly you’re in the semi final and each way bets coming in.

1. This
    [ATTACH=full]1314[/ATTACH]

2. Portugal actually discovered Brazil in 1500. Due to the historical links they should also benefit from neutral support in key games which will aid progress.

3. Brazil was a colony of Portugal till the 19th century where they pillaged everything up to then. So what’s another small little trophy to take home?

4. Cristiano Ronaldo - yes he’s that good

5. In the year Eusebio died it would be a fitting tribute for Portugal to lift the WC in honour if the man from Mozambique.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I have them in the TFK Sweepstake!

1. Portugal 5-1 Ireland

Point 2 is invalid.

Incorrect.

Please review and realise the error of your ways.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 959708, member: 306”]Incorrect.

Please review and realise the error of your ways.[/QUOTE]

No.

Cmaaaaannnn.

Never.

Seriously tho, Utd fans and Ronaldo?? He once played for you, big deal… He couldn’t wait to get out of there yet any Utd fan I know defend him like a family member. He’s a bell-end who will go missing more than 50% of the time when it’s a big occasion. His antics at the recent CL final, after hiding for most of the night, sum him up, gutless. He has all the raw materials but no character. You can accuse my beloved Luis of many things, but the man will fight, and bite, to the end. Give me that anyday over a self obsessed prima donna.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 959718, member: 1796”]Never.

Seriously tho, Utd fans and Ronaldo?? He once played for you, big deal… He couldn’t wait to get out of there yet any Utd fan I know defend him like a family member. He’s a bell-end who will go missing more than 50% of the time when it’s a big occasion. His antics at the recent CL final, after hiding for most of the night, sum him up, gutless. He has all the raw materials but no character. You can accuse my beloved Luis of many things, but the man will fight, and bite, to the end. Give me that anyday over a self obsessed prima donna.[/QUOTE]

Ronaldo has an unquestionable goal scoring record, winning record and will to win.

Suarez is a cheating filthy little racist.

Character does not involve intentionally handling a ball on the line and then celebrating openly when the opposing team miss the penalty nor does not involve biting the arm of the defender you’re opposing.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 959718, member: 1796”]Never.

Seriously tho, Utd fans and Ronaldo?? He once played for you, big deal… He couldn’t wait to get out of there yet any Utd fan I know defend him like a family member. He’s a bell-end who will go missing more than 50% of the time when it’s a big occasion. His antics at the recent CL final, after hiding for most of the night, sum him up, gutless. He has all the raw materials but no character. You can accuse my beloved Luis of many things, but the man will fight, and bite, to the end. Give me that anyday over a self obsessed prima donna.[/QUOTE]

It’s natural that you would have a low opinion of him, given who he once played for.
The racist cannibal asked to leave after being backed by his club in after his various misdemenours.

[QUOTE=“Mullach Ide, post: 959722, member: 141”]It’s natural that you would have a low opinion of him, given who he once played for.
The racist cannibal asked to leave after being backed by his club in after his various misdemenours.[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t give a fuck about who a player once played for, including ex Liverpool players…

Suarez was never found guilty of racism except on the word of that filthy black bastard Evra- Many legal experts have tore that sham report apart since- He was used as a patsy by the FA who were coming under increasing pressure from minority groups and the liberal media to stamp out racism in the game.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 959726, member: 1796”]

Suarez was never found guilty of racism except on the word of that filthy black bastard Evra- Many legal experts have tore that sham report apart since- He was used as a patsy by the FA who were coming under increasing pressure from minority groups and the liberal media to stamp out racism in the game.[/QUOTE]

Links to back up this possible libel please.

Please refer to the ‘@Bisto rule’ as evidenced in the Dublin v Wexford thread.

Please refer that the Questionable Rules thread.

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 953523, member: 1408”]1. I’ve a bet on them

1. Portugal actually discovered Brazil in 1500. Due to the historical links they should also benefit from neutral support in key games which will aid progress.

2. Brazil was a colony of Portugal till the 19th century where they pillaged everything up to then. So what’s another small little trophy to take home?

.[/QUOTE]

because of no.8 , no.7 won’t happen…lots of Brazilians hate the Portuguese…

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 959726, member: 1796”]I couldn’t give a fuck about who a player once played for, including ex Liverpool players…

Suarez was never found guilty of racism except on the word of that filthy black bastard Evra- Many legal experts have tore that sham report apart since- He was used as a patsy by the FA who were coming under increasing pressure from minority groups and the liberal media to stamp out racism in the game.[/QUOTE]

Methinks the rentboy doth protest too much…

1. [ATTACH=full]1356[/ATTACH]