Winx - A Tribute to the Greatest

Just back from doing the messages in Randwick and the mood amongst the punters was astounding. The usual giddy excitement replaced with a sombre, crestfallen disposition. It’s hitting home; today is the day the Wonder Mare retires. :cry:

She takes to the barriers for the final time at 3.05pm AEST. I’ve put together this handy world clock so nobody misses the final jump of the GOAT.

🇬🇧 London 06:05 BST
🇺🇸 New York 01:05 EDT
🇺🇸 San Francisco 22:05 PDT
🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇮🇹 Paris/Berlin/Rome 07:05 CEST
🇯🇵 Tokyo 14:05 JST
🇨🇳 Beijing 13:05 CST
🇦🇪 Dubai 09:05 GST
🇿🇦 Jo’Burg 07:05 SAST

2 Likes

Very hard to pick a favourite from Winx’s 32 wins; The Valley and a 4th Cox Plate will probably go down as her greatest feat but there’s something about the 2017 George Ryder which sums her up (Race 16 below). Coming up against bonafide superstars Chautauqua and Le Romain on a disgustingly soggy Rosehill turf, she put up 7 lengths on the field. This was the race for me, that elevated Winx to another stratosphere.

Here’s the race in full, before I get the PMs to link it directly. Doesn’t she take your breath away?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwrC_LtgP9M

Watching lomachenko mate but will make sure to tune in at 6.05 for an equine legend

I’ve just had a little $10 win on Winx. I’ll probably take the docket home and frame it.

You couldn’t turn a sweet in your mouth here in the Coogee Diggers. Punters, united as one, in appreciation.

1 Like

Lomachenko and Winx within an hour. Unbelievable

The TAB currently holding $3.8m on Winx @ $1.06. Largest bet of the day $550k to win $33k.

1 Like

Two legends.

I’ve just ordered a little Jameson, neat. I won’t touch it until she comes home safe.

1 Like

Pat just rang me to make sure I was up for this. He didn’t have to bother.

To think there’s so called racing fans on here fast asleep. More worried about the 6.35 in ballinrobe or kilbeggan. Frauds every last one of them

1 Like

Farewell sweetheart

There’s grown men hugging and crying here. Strangers this morning; best mates in the presence of a great. The sport is suffering a huge loss today.

Tina Turner reverberates around Royal Randwick.

Yes you are girl, yes you are.

There’s a grown man crying here

1 Like

Wow, Winxy bust Bowman’s lip when he went to give her a kiss after the race. He’s doing the interview with a handful of bloodied tissues.

CAN THE MARE DO NO WRONG?!

2 Likes

When my mtach finished today (6-4 win, I scored a pelanty, thanks for asking) all I could think of was “did Winx win?”.
Of course she did. Farewell sweet princess, you leave with a nations heart.

1 Like

Saturday’s won’t be the same without her…God bless you Christina Bowman.

1 Like

Did she ever run in Europe?

No. Not worth the risk with the prizemoney on offer in Australia.

1 Like

Why the fuck would they want to do that?

People can’t get their head around Australia having their own horse racing industry it seems and think the flat racing world revolves around western Europe.

3 Likes