With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

There’s a surprise

1 Like

Why?
It’s a standard height for a kitchen worktop. It wouldn’t be up to your waist unless you were very short

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

And you haven’t even touched off 16% interest rates on mortgages

4 Likes

Or the mythical “friendly bank manager”… I remember getting a cheque book in the post one time after a wait of about a fortnight. Inside the cover was a Managers compliments leaflet and on it was scrawled

Use sparingly……

8 Likes

The spacious 1m x 1m side yard.

2 Likes

“here’s a lovely modern sliding door out to a wall”

1 Like

Yeah, but the side yard is brand spanking new. Just outta the box.

I don’t like top mount sinks either. Looks dated for a new refurb. And benchtop looked more like an engineered stone than marble. And the standout access panel in the ceiling…jesus, paint it to match the ceiling. Grrrr

As a house for two i think it’s stunning. But obviously the price is completely insane, that’s the point of posting it i suppose.
Worktop looks like silestone which is a superior product to marble, I do like the Belfast sink in that kitchen.

But it’s tiny obviously, what more would two people want or need, if you could afford it :man_shrugging:

I don’t envy folk starting out…

2006 - Direct labour cost of my house was roughly 70 euro per square foot to builders finish.

2018 - Extension: Direct labour cost was roughly 130 euro per square foot to builders finish.

A fella I know here is trying to direct labour his daughters house at the moment and last time I spoke to him (6 months ago) he menioned 160 plus per square foot for builder finish

4 Likes

Is the robot lawnmower still included in the builder’s finish?

2 Likes

No. Island is standard though, ratio of 35:1 to total footage of house.

2 Likes

I see the private company that owns the track at Shelbourne Park want it rezoned residential.

Leaving aside the feeling around greyhound racing but do we really want to turn every undeveloped piece of land into apartments or hotels? You’ll end up with very boring cities.

5 Likes

Ronan Lyons is ridiculously qualified to analyse property trends, did his PhD in Oxford on Irish property economics, published extensively on it and an ass professor in TCD. All his articles are laden with data based analysis.

So it’s hilarious how demented he drives some of the usual suspects of Irish Twitter. They usually have absolutely no data or comparable qualifications but sure enough they try and shout him down with various ad hominem attacks.

Watching it goes to the heart of the housing “debate” in Ireland - mostly groups of self-righteous (and right-on) apes yahooing at each other while licking each other’s holes.

4 Likes

Haven’t they already closed Harolds Cross to prop up Shelbourne?

1 Like

I read something confusing about the track itself being owned by a private company but the buildings around it are owned by the IGB (who want to keep it going).

That sounds like something the IGB would do alright

170+ now and lots of cash to get lads to come, an absolute disaster and a minefield to boot

2 Likes

Who wrote that article?

Ronan Lyons

He deals in data. Not anecdotes or emotions.

2 Likes