With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Traffic was never great in the city but been brutal past few months. They completely changed the traffic flow in the city centre for reasons unknown and people are still getting used to it and ending up blocking lanes etc… Also I’d say loads of people avoiding the dunkettle interchange and tunnel at the moment while the works are ongoing and going through the city centre to cross the river.

Id be there rarely now with WFH but took me guts of an hour to go 5 or 6kms yday… Was raining as well which didnt help

1 Like

It seems to me that every city, and possibly towns like Kilkenny, should have a road closed off to through traffic running roughly east to west, and another roughly north to south, and be bike and tram only (no buses either unless electric). Cyclists could then make their way to the road in question and cycle safely through town and out. Unless councils grow a pair and actually enforce it, cycling as a mass/ normal mode of transportation won’t ever fully happen. I’d prioritize this over a monorail as all it needs is some metal posts and some willpower.
A city the size of Manchester should have the diagonals as well. An electric tram down the middle would be ideal.

3 Likes

Irish Councilors go to see how Utrecht work

once they come back they are zealots

Cycling increased again in Utrecht – BICYCLE DUTCH (wordpress.com)

Utrecht; Cycling City of the Netherlands? [464] - YouTube

A lovely cut at Kilkenny.

4 Likes

It’s a city, pal.

surely this could have just as easily covered off with a teams call with the guys from utrecht rather than flying to holland?

I’d say the lads found other elements of Utrecht’s offerings very very impressive

yes mate. its easy to feel the experience, the thrill & the feeling of safety cycling on a grade bike lanes over a teams call

its not about experiences. it was supposed to be fact finding, facts can easily be gotten from sources other than getting on a plane.

not all go on a plane mate

we’ll have to wait for the expenses to be published to ascertain that

I didn’t want to oust you as a slum landlord to the board.

He gives off that vibe anyway

:joy: It’s all about perception these days. Image is everything. :wink:

1 Like

Nottie in my own back yard

1 Like

Save St Anne’s Park. Save our park. Save our park.

My possibly factually incorrect summary:

The council owned these pitches/section of the park.
Gifted them to the school to be sound or maybe at a hugely discounted price (your pupils can play here).
Religious order that runs school spots opportunity to make money.
Developer spots opportunity to make money.
They do deal.
People appeal against plans to build on pitches.
Developer and religious order come back with different proposals tugging on heart strings (but people have nowhere to live and latest one…what about the over 65s?)
Fuck off, you cunts. You’re not building on those pitches because ducks like to chill there at various points of the year.

Not in my back yard, or Lottie Ryan’s.

2 Likes

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy can we just gather up NIMBYs and throw them into the liffey?

harsh on @artfoley

1 Like

Which side are you actually coming down on here?