With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

This is a matter for Clontarf residents, fuck off back to Killester ya paycock.

3 Likes

The entire park and the then main residence were sold by Bishop Benjamin Plunkett to the Corporation in the 1930s for 55,000 pounds. Much of this park already comprises houses. The Corporation developed St Anne’s estate in Raheny on parklands. The Vincentians bought the site of St Paul’s from Bishop Plunketts son together with 30 acres of land and bought an additional 14 acres from the Corpo in the 1950s for €2400 plus land transferred by them to the Corpo to build Sybil Hill Road.

The wild geese’s.

These pitches are pure Raheny. But the park is a home from home for many in KCR so I certainly don’t begrudge Clontarf residents like Lottie having their say. Hope to see her at Parkrun later this month actually.

1 Like

Would they not be out the kilbarrack road?

1 Like

Damien Dempsey reckons the Canadian Geese are more out the Kilbarrack Road direction alright.

2 Likes

I knew you’d get it.

Lottie and Fabio live in Ardilaun Court, an apartment block built in 2018 on grounds sold by the Vincentians to MKN Properties.

2 Likes

If I have it right, Ardilaun Court is just up from St Paul’s School, Raheny, near the top of Sybil Hill Road and across from St Brigid’s Boys Primary School, Killester. This is right at the intersection of Killester and Raheny and very close the pitches. Lottie has even more right to protest in this case, the real scandal is people from Killester or Raheny trying to claim they’re from Clontarf. I post this a Clontarf West resident.

1 Like

It’s the one built on the old swimming pool.

Think They own the big complex across from killester shops too…150 howth road…

They do and they have the hotel site where Tom Canavan motors was on the East Wall Road. Also own a big apartment development at Blackbanks in Raheny.

1 Like

Is it a family business ?

Yes the McKeon family. Set up by the father Sean McKeon. He was in business with the Kennedy family under the title Sheelin McSharry. They developed the Herbert Park Hotel and the Omni Centre in Santry. They split up around 2000 and the McKeons kept the Omni and the Kennedys took the Herbert Park.
The McKeon children now run the business. Unlike a lot of second generation business people they seem to have sound heads on their shoulders.

2 Likes

I presumed it was a kinehan venture

The Kennedys own 50% of Omni & the McSharrys own the Herbert hotel with the Kennedys according to a well placed source

You could be right.

I had lunch yesterday with golf playing, rugby going, property dev/inv. I nearly choked and fell off the chair when he said, the government have had enough chance to get housing sorted, I’ll be voting SF next time. I actually thought Id gone mental hearing it.

I think the penny has finally dropped. McWilliams had a good podcast mentioning his kid and the other fella’s kids who were home for Christmas and both going back to London.

It didn’t matter when Jonner or Charlene were on the council housing list but when Finn, Ross or Isabel cant even rent or buy a house in Dublin and have to emigrate then things will change. That generation is emigrating, not because of jobs but because of housing.

…and before anyone mentions London housing. The kids said at least in London you can find somewhere to live.

8 Likes
1 Like

cc @anon67715551 a lot of Leitrim sounding surnames mentioned here :thinking:.I wonder would they contribute a few bob towards the homeland?