With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Plenty of houses on the market for an age now in south Dublin. The ones is a shit state and clearly the inheritance money so holding out for a “good price”.

People are realising that paying €600k+ for somewhere that needs hundreds of thousands poured in isn’t the best plan with so few contractors out there.

4 Likes

The bones of €500k for 64m² House.

:eek:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/historic-victorian-era-social-housing-26180095

€400k+ per unit on refurbishing council owned properties and yet you’d have lads believing gaffes can be built or refurbished for half nothing by a mythical state building company.

1 Like

That’s a really specious argument. They were refurbishing fire damaged houses built in 1880 to an A rated standard while protecting the buildings. I’m sure it would have been cheaper to flatten and build new.

1 Like

This the type of free money proposal that gets my vote. Wahey!

1 Like

Interest rate increases must be biting now

let the poor pay for the rich homeowners

4 Likes

That’s the kind of lefty politics I can get behind.

2 Likes

How? It’s land owned by the council.

Have you seen how much other council refurbs and developments have cost?

The one the likes of EOB hangs his hat on are the Poppintree ones where the Government waived lots of taxes and fees on cheap Green field land. ie the cost was moved elsewhere in the government budgets.

That might work if Dublin was all green fields and we weren’t living in a climate change focused world, but we don’t. As a matter of fact, EOB lives in the spoofery world of “Frank McDonald’s Dublin”.

1 Like

Hardly a surprise, SF’s housing policies are about defending the existing land owning classes with a twist of Frank McDonald’s Dublin.

Its up there with ‘no property tax for rich homeowners’.

2 Likes

who touted that?

This lad Pearse is one of the “smart ones” apparently too

1 Like

‘Tout’ - nicely done sir. Nicely done.

2 Likes

Another Kwasi Doherty special

1 Like

If you can’t see how renovating 1880 buildings that had been damaged by fire while protecting the original buildings might be expensive, I’m afraid I can’t help you.

1 Like

What’s he suggesting?

Tax the poor to subsidise the rich

How will they be taxed?

VAT on North Face

12 Likes