With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

The only thing i can find is him asking for the gov to give an additional support of up to 1500 to those mortgage holders who’ve had their mortgages bought up by vulture funds and are under severe pressure due to ongoing interest rate hikes…

There is a report due out sometime shortly that could indicate that to get vacant counsel housing in town centres, whether over retail units or just a building on a main street, would for over 80% of the time be over the market value of a new build for the same location. The problem being is bringing older properties up to current building regs for heating, insulation and fireproofing costs more than if it was knocked and built. So for any developers who might buy it or for the counsel themselves to do it, doesnt make economic sense. Therefore the government and LAs have to decide whether town regeneration is more value than the actual money spent. Or if they will relax building regs for such properties.

I’d expect them to completely ignore it all and talk about it again in 5 years time.

2 Likes

I’ve just explained it to you. The meme is that land prices are a big problem, no evidence of that here or any of the other Dublin City Council projects that I’ve pointed out to you.

1 Like

Glas is the exact same type who would bemoan a lack of regs and poorly paying workers building things.

I’ve no issue with people asking for more public housing but they need to be a bit more honest on the price of it.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard much from Orla Hegarty on that front lately and her terrible reading of costs, she must be still bogged down with covid.

2 Likes

Glas is the same lad defending the oppressed whilst simultaneously making classist/homophobic comments. The less heed paid to him the better.

1 Like

They say we have loads of sites and don’t need to build up, why is public housing on owned land always so expensive?

They got a crèche for this at least.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dorset-street-flat-complex-given-18178273.amp

And even when their mates renovate Georgians that they adore up the the standards that imagined of the 1700s, they’re really bloody expensive!

1 Like

A meme? What are you on about?

Making up things that other people would say. About of a level with “a meme” as an argument.

It’s a constant meme, correct.

I notice you won’t deal with the reality of the points raised.

The “reality” of the points that you made up I would say??

GMan brought up plenty of them there. Ignore and deflect. :yawning_face:

1 Like

These look good for a lad moving to Dublin but far too expensive

First Look – Dún Laoghaire’s new co-living development: is there room to swing a cat?

They look alright, rooms are tiny tho.

But they’re aimed at trainees and starting professionals , which is fine… But 1800 a month? You’d take your chances on a house share/ bed sit at those prices surely. Shur what would the average entrant be on 25k? Even if it was only for a few months you simply couldn’t afford it in most cases… Is there a minimum stay? You’d be better off driving the 2 hour commute cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Too expensive alright but the right idea

How much is college student accommodation these days.

1500 to 1700 a month.

1 Like

These look chape so

Far higher spec, as you’d expect, than PBSA.

1 Like