With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

I see Skipton Building Society have launched a 100% mortgage for first time buyers in the UK.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?

• Each applicant is a first-time buyer

• Each applicant is aged 21 or over

• If they have a deposit, it must be less than 5% of the purchase price

• Each applicant has no missed payments on debts / credit commitments (e.g. mobile phone bill) in the last 6 months

• They are looking to borrow up to £600,000

• They meet the household-to-household criteria

• They’re not looking to buy a new build flat

• They have proof of having paid rent for at least 12 months in a row, within the last 18 months

• They have 12 months experience paying all household bills within the last 18 months

Gotta keep the boomers fat and happy.

We built this country up from nothing, literally nothing.

Big corner window looking out on the lake?

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

My folks have got the home place sold now. Land was last year but they’re at the stages of wrapping up the stuff with solicitors on sale of house. Should be out of there in 6-8 weeks.

I’ve to come down next week and clear out shite I’d left in drawers there for 20+ years. I told the mother to just fuck it all in the skip but she wants me to go through it.

2 Likes

She’s right.

You’ll be surprised how much you hold onto too

1 Like

The Credit Union book with your Confirmation money might be there.
I’ll bet you never thought of that…:wink:

Well spent Boxty!

There are hundred if not thousands of similar properties around the country.
Owned by the council and empty since 2016, but as soon as squatters move in they eventually find the funding to get it renovated. You’d imagine the Government have a basically endless pot of money for councils to renovate these properties and get them back into use.

1 Like

“It’s all boarded up now and looks awful. It’s like something you’d see in the city.”

1 Like

I got a good laugh off that.

I had a mother complain another child to me for using threatening language recently: “it was like something you’d hear in the inner city”

450 homes in Limerick denied planning by ABP

Would create “A concrete jungle” ffs. It’s in the city. They object to sprawl as well. They should be told to fuck off out of it. It’s either a national emergency or its not

5 Likes

Limerick objects to everything

V bad to support their own

They are supporting their own otters.
They are more important than their children having a place to live.

1 Like

Otters me hole,some other builder probably has his own project in the works and doesn’t want this going ahead.

We are in a biodiversity loss crisis.

We’ll build the Otters some apartments then

That has to be the priority.