With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

good to see you back posting BTW pal
hope all is well

They do.

And they get called Tories.

Great post mate.

Thing is with stocks…you’re not really going to take that option unless you’re on big money.

I know mates of mine that do and it does work out better for them rather than taking cash in the long run.

You’re not going to do it though unless you’re single without dependents, mortgages etc or you’re on big money.

Why not? It’s just another form of saving money.

Obviously it is Tim…but everything is subjective.

Not to give you a smart answer as you’re a nice fella, but your living costs expand dramatically as you get older.

Exactly, mate… 80k isn’t impressive if you’re clocking up 80 + hours a week… Some people put stock in being able to throw out big numbers like that, like it defines them… I’d rather be getting by and have time to spend with my tfk chums than slaving away all hours and barely getting a like a week on here.

2 Likes

jetlagged in a hotel in Nizhny Novgorod allows you ample time for TFK relations

8 Likes

:grin:

and / or hookers

1 Like

It’s difficult to know what you mean by comfortably surviving here. You mentioned married; kids though, partner not working et cetera? So many variables not explored.

If you’re on 3k net a month you should have a pension or some sort of savings, even if small.

As a single person, it was when I got a gross of 35k that I was actually comfortable i.e. Could pay rent, feed myself, have a few nights out, buy clothes every month/have a few luxuries and put a small bit away in savings.

Every cent above that was just spent on real luxuries. If more people analysed their monthly spends they would find an awful lot of crap in there.

But I could live on 21/22/23k a year. Fuck all tax on it because of our progressive tax system and cut your cloth.

One big criticism I would have about our tax system apart from the marginal rate and the point it kicks in, was tax equalisation. That money in the economy went to banks and property developers as the multipliers required to buy homes exploded.

Do you have a car? Thats the one thing that really stings you outside of Dublin lMO. We had one car that might only be used 3 or 4 times a month when I was in Dublin. 2 cars on the go full time now.

Your right about cutting back spending if required though. I wouldnt spend 50 quid a week id say if i didnt go for a few pints in the week. Coffee and lunch a few days a week

Mate, you and me have to go into Aldi to pay for food.

Drink doesnt come into that and 50 euro would not cover it at all really.

cars, we’ve 2, bane of my life

1 Like

Ah yeah im talking about the luxuries over and above the day to day household costs.

1 Like

Fair enough mate.

Even at that though. Some people waste huge amount doing their grocery shop. My mrs would spend 90 quid and come home with two bags. Id go to lidl and would need two trollies for 90 quid!

4 Likes

I didn’t no, to be fair.

But the difference in rent cost and lower cost of living should more or less cancel that out.

Literally and figuratively

Thats what i thought tbh. Id say between both cars taking all costs excl wear and tear prob costs 600 quid a month…no loan payments in that. Murder

They’re off their rocker them women folk.