With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

That is no ordinary factory

1 Like

This fuckin kills me,we’re throwing food out every week.It’s a disgrace tbh let alone the money.

@TreatyStones alluded to it here recently that he needed to rent a new house for a few months but there was a dearth of options listed online, on daft or whatever, but that if you went about it in the right channels there’s a heap of stuff out there you can get. What channels or ways are we talking exactly if you wanted to rent a new place but there is nothing attractive online?

Depends where you are looking to rent. If it’s in your local area just spread the word to as many people as possible. If it’s in the city then unless you happen to know someone with a few properties then that won’t really work.

City would be slight preference but also would go to countryside no problem in West/East/South direction. Anywhere 15-20mins from city fine. Don’t know anyone that has numerous houses and not looking to rent in the locality i was reared. I’m at square one so, there is only shit on daft for rent and not much of it.

Do you know any estate agents? Call into a few. Loads of stuff rented off market for various reasons

1 Like

Well have a house back on the market by the end of November, three bed in the SCR area, 1300 a month but we supply a kettle and toaster, the missus only wants families now so we go through an agency and let them filter, there’d be plenty of properties not publicly advertised.

1 Like

Is that the going rate now? Jaysus. I’m getting away with murder.

Are you leaving SCR?

No, it’s not the house we live in. It’s also potentially a 4 bed as there’s a large spare room downstairs.
This house flooded a few years back when an old tank burst, tenants were away for the weekend and it was fucked. Insurance covered it but we spent a lot and done it up lovely, a family who are building have had it for the past 18 months or so but they’re nearly ready to go. I’d say we’ll get the 1300 again but there’s be some leeway if we knew or felt we could really trust somebody.

1 Like

Jesus that’s steep money. But it’s the going rate for what you’re offering and where. I’m not in the market to pay that sort of money, and don’t need such a big place. When the time comes to offer it out again do you think you’ll have it up on daft?

@smark will take it for 1k,all off the books cash in hand . @Mac makes money by having low rents and cheating the tax

A win win for both of you.

1 Like

I don’t think so mate, we might go through the property management group again, they got us a great match last time,

Jesus the leftie headbangers will be frothing at the mouth reading that, what with all the homeless and the poor divils having to kip in hotels and so on.

1 Like

BIAT

You want to mantain the professional location image of the SCR ?

I have standing orders for that kind of thing, I also volunteer with a well known charity. But I’m not letting a house to anybody I’m not sure will respect it, we could make a lot more from students as it’s about 4 minutes walk from Mary I and could easily be made into a 5 bedroom.

1 Like

Don’t be justifying anything. It’s nothing to feel guilty about.

You’ll get a lot more than €1300 if you want it mate. €1500 at least.

He has values. It’s not about the money for him.

So long as it’s paid in cash :wink:

Fucking hell that’s for nothing.

1 Like