With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Christ … what part were you in? - you still local enough?

Went snagging our new gaff this morning. There for over 2 hours there was so much sloppy work. Fellas throwing out houses and trying to make you feel lucky that you are giving them a fucking fortune for a 3 be semi. Which I’m going to spend the next 25 years paying a fortune for.

1 Like

If the local elections go your way you could stick and extension on the gable end

1 Like

What part of fair Fingal juhy?

Is there any sign of the madness coming to a halt?

Good luck with the new house buddy.

1 Like

Banks are looking for revolut card statements. Seems to be a fair bit of flexibility about the 20% deposit requirement for second time buyers too where they are happy for 10%. I also note AIB have introduced a 2.85% fixed rate for 3, 4 and 5 years which is extremely competitive.

2 Likes

Kinsealy Woods. Development being built on the left as you go from Porto to Kinsealy church. I’d need to bulldoze the house next door to get an extension up I reckon.

Really? Before approval though…please say before approval…

Revolut? If you self declare but was specifically asked the question if I had one.

And you are at the mercy of the gods as to who you’ll be sharing a wall with

Revolut. Wasn’t mentioned at all for the approval and they went through my stuff fairly thoroughly because I’m self employed. We’ve paid deposit long ago, got all the insurance/assurance, the second valuation (utter cuntery!!!), snagging. I’d say if it fell cos of my revolut Mrs J would never speak to me again! And not in a good way…

Not just God. And also the fact that someone needs a fortune to buy the gaff in the first place…

Fingal county council has a fortune :worried:

Greed. Is. Good.

Rowan Hill. Living between Fermoy and Cork now for considerably less. Bit of a pain at Dunkettle roundabout every morning alright (working in citygate out in Mahon).

There is nothing in Cork rental or to buy. There are people in work buying houses out in Kerrypike near Blarney on the side of a hill for €500k now. Pure madness. Development is a mount oval premium type one and is marketed at young professionals. I am holding off buying myself despite a clamour of voices in my ear from other people of the insanity of not and that prices will only get higher. I’m confident I won’t have to wait too long to prove that theory wrong.

There was a “cork on the rise” event held recently with interesting parochial rhetoric like “for Ireland to succeed we need Cork to Succeed”. Real sick bucket stuff. Cork probably more than any other region in Ireland is massively dependent on American Multinationals. Everything is predicated on that. They have opened up their arms to these companies who also attract a massive influx of migrants from other jurisdictions and countries and have hardly built one house in the last number of years.

1 Like

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/dickensian-communal-living-apartment-plan-criticised-as-42-tenants-share-one-kitchen-38094372.html

Ah you should be ok if it’s got past approval and at this stage.

I see that alright with AIB but Permanent TSB have 2.60% for those term lengths and 2% cash back on draw down. Still I’d say you’d rather be with AIB long term.

What’s the issue with these?

So long as there is some restrictive zoning on the number of these allowed there shouldn’t be much of an issue. I imagine there is a significant demand for these, particularly from overseas students and workers on short term stays.