With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Having no tourist sector will lead to a significant ongoing unemployment rate in this country.

That has little to do with not building hotels and everything to do with a global pandemic.

Ireland needs houses not hotels.

Good point about airbnbs. With no tourism industry for 2020 and maybe 2021 (besides domestic tourism) you’d imagine a good chunk of that Airbnb stock will hit the market as long term rental options, or maybe for sale options. Rental options feels much more likely though.

They are already on the rental market in Dublin, massive increase in supply

Serious money to be made in Airbnb.All cash too.

Not in Ireland, revenue have access to it

Double whammy of a big tax bill arriving and the market gone. Fuck them.

3 Likes

I thought it was all cash

Okay, learn to read and stop following me around.

All done online and paid via card.

There’s a bead of sweat crawling down Massey’s forehead right now…

Revenue have access to booking information directly from AirBnB.

10 Likes

They do. They have access directly to Patreon accounts too.

I wish.

We are proceeding with our move just back from the solicitors there after signing a load of documents for the sale and purchase. Due to close and move on May 22. We thought there would be an issue with auctioneers valuing for the mortgage drawdown but no problem there our buyer had an auctioneer here last week and we got our new house valued this week.

21 Likes

You only post gibberish so a bit of introspection is badly needed with you.

Auctioneer valuations :smiley:

“What do you need it to be?” would be there first question or else they’ll have already been told by the mortgage adviser.

1 Like

Yes in normal circumstances but they are putting in a COVID19 disclaimer which reads like a qualified audit opinion about uncertainty etc etc. We are lucky in that we are only borrowing about 55% of the purchase price and our buyer is only at around 45%. I know of one couple who were borrowing 90% (first time buyers) and the bank pulled the offer as the valuation was written down by 10%.

1 Like

The very best wishes in your new home mate.

5 Likes

Cheers mate

Great news.

1 Like