With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

I don’t disagree mate. Not at all.
The mobile phone thing is still a point.
You put lads complaining about being unable to afford a forever home back to the seventies and eighties and the cattle boats to kings cross, and they’d pick their own lots quick enough.

2 Likes

I was 24 missus was 28 when we bought our house in 1998 £78000, 4 bed semi new build we had fookall between us but easily got the mortgage for £75k. This is simply unattainable these days.

2 Likes

Why do you keep saying young people have been “screwed” nowadays on housing due to the cost of it? It’s just capitalism isn’t it? It costs way more to build houses now than ever before, they are being built to way higher standards that have to be met in this regard and that regard. Its unaffordable to buy houses in most developed cities around the world for most ordinary folk. People have high standards too and don’t want to live in an apartment. They want a house in the country with an acre of land, 4-5 bedrooms and privacy. You could buy appartments for anywhere from €40-120k in Limerick county or city.

1 Like

Cougar Town

4 Likes

I’ll gonna increase my Tinder age preferences tonight for research purposes :rofl:

1 Like

If you have to ask that first question then there’s probably not much point in trying to discuss it with you, and your level of awareness must be pretty low. Maybe go read a few articles? The rest of your post is tripe.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it boss. My missus is older than me as well

3 Likes

We’ll have to start a toy boy thread. I’d be signing in as well, but only by a year

3 Likes

Me too. Only by a month but I get great mileage out of reminding her of it

@glasagusban thinks that every young person should be able to go out on the lash every weekend,have one big sun holiday and several weekend breaks every year,eat hapes of avocado toast and coffee in their favourite cantina on Sunday morning and own a house at the same time on 36k.What don’t you get?

13 Likes

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. Young lads want ski holidays, sun holidays, 1000e of a phone, flashy car, 2000e of a bike, streaming services coming out their holes, high speed fibre broadband, 18 pairs of trainers costing 200e each, a gym membership to allow them sculpt their t shirt abs, tattoo sleeves, a year out ‘finding themselves’, 2 or 3 game consoles.

But but affordable housing :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Signing in!

1 Like

That it in a nutshell there, it’s cuntish to get lucky with housing and then make fun of the generation that come up after you and have been fucked. Carry on anyway.

2 Likes

Toy boys

1 Like

Same

Ill fucking ave you

The only generation to get “lucky” in housing in Ireland in last 30 years was if you were lucky enough to buy a house late 90s just as the economy started to take off. Before that people’s standard of living was a lot less than now and interest rates in double digits.
Once early 2000s came houses were expensive and people got hammered in 2008 crash.

1 Like

Anyone for whom housing was affordable is lucky compared to the generation for whom housing is not affordable when we are discussing housing. It’s that simple.

By that logic, anyone who manages to buy a house, at any time, is lucky

Plenty of people bought houses at the height that they couldn’t afford that became millstones around their necks, so no.