With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

@flattythehurdler, contact the divorce lawyer just to be prepared

1 Like

I’ll inform mate to do so. Get one on speed dial.

500k will get you a serious house and spec in current climate, in a non Dublin region. Take it that a fair proportion of the money will go on design team fees, council contributions, connections etc, but even allowing for all that, say it takes €50k to get it to that stage, €450 on pure building would easily get you a high end 3,000 square foot house, which is more than big enough for anyone. The only caveat on that is abnormal costs, so if it needs a big long laneway to be done to get in, or having to engage those Irish water cunts, things like that.

Build. Even if he buys, as sure as night follows day she will want something changed or extended to the bought house within 3 years so he’ll be doing some building either way and the second way is more expensive

2 Likes

Dermot Bannon is your man here Flatty. Give him carte blanche and tell him the budget is 100k. You should just get out for under 500k then

13 Likes

:joy::joy:

There’s water already on the site I’m told. Also electric.

Also a well theoretically.

1 Like

A few big windows and the job is oxo

1 Like

Was it the last series it Dawned on him everybody can see into a glass box at night

1 Like

If your friend needs a currency trader tell him I might know one

4 Likes

I think it would be really great for your mate to move home @flattythehurdler

It would be a boost to the forum and Irish society I’m sure

2 Likes

And a courtyard

It’s Galway, of course there’s water on site.
It’s probably under water 6 months of the year.

Like the houses in Amsterdam

These are the initial plans

1 Like

The most important bit of advise I can give your friend is to start with the kitchen Island and work your way out from that. Everything hinges on a well designed and sizable Island. Fuck that up and they’ll never be happy in there.

12 Likes

I wouldnt dream of living in house that didn’t have an island.

4 Likes

I’d give up the rest of my house as long as I could keep my island.

4 Likes

No man is an island, but without an island, you’re no man

10 Likes

No woman in her right mind would go into a house without a sizeable island.