With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

What sort of mug tells a builder he is loaded and about to retire in his 30s while builder is working for him or about to start.

4 Likes

@gilgamboa

The upper limit on remortages is 90% of the value of your property.Remortgages were specifically excluded in the changes to mortgage rules introduced by the Central Bank in early 2015

1 Like

The kind of mug who’ll probably get him in to do a load of work and not pay him a penny for it I’m guessing

3 Likes

One for whom money isn’t an issue.

Like a hooker upstairs.

2 Likes

No

@flattythehurdler ?

There’s no upstairs when you’re in the penthouse, mate.

2 Likes

Or the gutter

2 Likes

So you are on top of the hooker?

2 Likes

He gets the residents discount

1 Like

A lift?

Being able to say…thats my house there is a great thing…renting is grand but its not the same.

3 Likes

Do you stand outside and say that to people passing?

11 Likes

Everyday of the week…luckily there’s a cul de sac there…be under pressure otherwise.

1 Like

Do you always have to be a smarmy git?

That was v well played pal…you’ve to take your hat off to that…worthy of a nice post.

Need to find a place to rent for a few months while my own place is getting a few jobs done on it. I know it’s been a major topic for a year now but now that it affects me I’m actually interested in it. There is practically nothing to rent in Limerick county. A town like NewcastleWest with plenty of large estates only has 6 places to rent on Daft. I’d say the whole of west Limerick there is less than 20 houses.

Is it a case of people trying to keep a low a profile and are now keeping the properties off daft to avoid alerting the tax man?

No. Just fuck all of a decent standard to rent anywhere. Including a lot of country towns. Lot of the vacant are for sale or will be when the bigger banks and vulture funds get their fingers out of their holes

@gilgamboa can you while away a few hours reducing this to bullet points for us?