With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

The ballsy lads have known this for a long time @Julio_Geordio. People must have little to no disposable income if they’re working in low paid jobs in Dublin now.

2 Likes

@mac should i buy that place in Arklow?

I wouldn’t like to be a lad on €25-30k in Dublin now. Not sure how you’d survive. You definitely wouldn’t have much of a life

It’s never going to be boomier enough to buy in arklah

1 Like

jesus, are young professionals getting paid that?

Only if its walking distance from town centre or less than 2-3 mins drive from the bypass

Be standard enough starting wedge. First year accountants were getting even less once upon a time but that might have improved the last few years cc @Bandage

Still similar I believe but if they pass their exams they can get to at least €55-60k within three years.

Ya serious future potential earnings in fairness, be worth a couple of years of poverty

Bloody hell. That was the starting graduate wage 12 years ago. At least it was in the software industry.
You’d seriously be stuck for disposable income after rent etc these days.

work hard and you will never have to be in this situation

Can any of TFK’s banking fraternity speculate about the goings on here?

Starting wage in Limerick is less than 20k for accounting types.

First year trainee accountants in a Big 4 or other large firm would be 23-24k now.

Barristers barely survive.

Trainee solicitors in a big firm is where it’s at. About 40k now starting. That’s because of London competition.

Interest only mortgage

Why would an assumably extremely wealthy man be on an interest only mortgage?

That’s why he’s wealthy bud he’s not paying most of his wages in mortgage payments

I can’t remember my starting wage in KPMG. Think it was either €16,995 or €19,995 - there was definitely a mix of 9s and maybe a 6 but not at the start anyway. I don’t remember being broke either despite being out and about. I was probably only paying around €300/400 a month in rent though.

It would have had to have been a tracker at max .25% over the cost of funds based on that size of a loan. Possible though.

Why would he want int only? At that rate there is no benefit in reducing the capital if you could get a higher return on a savings account or invested. Which he could have comfortably enough. Bank wouldnt facilitate joe soap in that way though

Nothing to see here folks Just a very very poor headline. Mr Kennedy has paid 1.4m off his mortgage since 2012 reducing it from 4.2 to 2.8.