With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

That was some short term pain for some long term gain type plan… it was absolute madness looking back on it.

Current job gave me 2 days a week working from home. Its unreal the freedom it gives.

Ya very true. But I suppose time put into a long term home (as opposed to just a 1st time house) is hard to quantify. It’s an investment.
It is true that earning money an paying someone else to do everything can sometimes make more financial sense, but going by the way he is talking he is not earning 100k a year plus.

There is also the emotional input and satisfaction you get from building it. It adds more to your own personal value of the home, something incalculable by a valuer.

They’d be in and out faster than @Thrawneen

what a clamping

That’s about £150k…

Thats a half finished gaff around £300k

I’ve tried to persuade Mrs Goode that house 1 or the equivalent is supremely better than house 2. She told me to fuck off! I guess it’s house number 2 (or its equivalent)…ah well, no point in arguing eh Mickee…well unless yer Scumpot.

Getting planning for one offs in Limerick is very very tough at the moment. Wankers.

One thing to take into account is that when taking a mortgage for say 100k you end up paying back 200k. So if you are paying less in rent than you can manage to save in cash then it isn’t really dead money. The big fear at the minute is that house prices continue to go up. Which retardly is likely to happen in Dublin but if I was outside the pale I wouldn’t be too worried.

and Tipp?

After owning my own house for years and now renting while waiting to build, TMI is right to buy. Renting is a cunt. My L/lord is grand, just leaves us alone, has never dropped over and house is great, a bigger house, newer, better heating system, bigger garden, all round better than my own house was, so I’ve no issues…but it’s not mine!

Maybe it’s a mind set but there is something in turning the key in your own house. Security, being proud.

Like Rocko, my handy skills wouldn’t be great but least making a bollix of a wall putting up a shelf is okay when it’s your own and if books tend to slip off it, at least it’s still something you look at and are happy, kind of, ah well it’s mine! You never look at it the same when renting.

Very difficult too I believe but wouldn’t really know seeing as I don’t live or ever plan to live in Tipp.

You should get the little lady what she wants. Put that millstone around your neck.

Waste of time even considering buying in Dublin at the minute. Shite houses going for mad money. Will be a flattening off of prices in short term and a moderate decline after that for a while. Iv been here 10 years paid well over 100 k in rent I’d say. Not for one minute have I thought it was the wrong decision. Rent is gone absolutely cuntish now though. Fuck all supply and gone through the roof.

Anyways, iv my exit planned will purchase in rural co cork or limerick in due course. My tuppence worth on the build option; she’d load of houses for sale well below build cost at the moment. Bar having your own stamp on a place building is not a great option

But you’re not, right?

Buy the three bed semi to fuck at least your kids will grow up with a bit of cuteness and street smarts about them and not turn out to be gormless roasters.

Seems to be some decent opportunities to buy in Dublin now.

http://www.allsopireland.ie/search?resicom=225

The rental market is gone insane. A mate of mine viewed a house the other night, had the deposit, references etc on him. Told your man he’d take the house, your man says grand just have a few more people to show around. Rings him back later only to be told that the house was gone someone had come in and paid the full years rent upfront :joy: That is the third or fourth time I’ve heard of that happening.

I heard another story about someone putting an apartment up for rent and getting 50 responses within an hour so he took the add down.
Then he started getting emails offering more than he was asking and he hadn’t even showed it. Got begging letters from people pleading with him to rent them the house. :flushed:

Ah lovely :clap:

We’re back :pint: