Woeful Journalism

"We moved from a lovely area in Dublin near great schools, shops and river walks. Our house was a nice half-redbricked four-bedroom property. Conor and Aoife fell in love with a house a few miles outside Portarlington — a beautiful one-off with five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a sauna, gym, two offices and an enormous garden," she recalls.

That super-sized garden turned out to be part of the problem. “How naive was I in not realising it was not so much a garden as a huge field that would need regular mowing and that I would be the one mainly doing it on a ride-on lawnmower,” laments Jean now.

Fuck me, there’s a first world problem right there.

The sixth poetry book will be called “silly bint on a lawnmower”.

Not just young people are snowflakes.

The poor crayturs .

She got on well with some of the neighbours though.

That’s a great article. Warning the city folk that grass grows.

Nope. I think she’s a borderline screaming mullalys as well. Is there a difference though.

Cutting edge journalism . Mower of this informative reporting is needed.

I’d say they had some laugh at her all the same.

Must do some research. Must have paid a fortune for a house that lost that much money in Laois. Good houses of that ilk barely dropped below 300k.

I’d say the key to them losing money lies in the fact that they were running a niché magazine covering the topic of ‘Walking’.

1 Like

Most popular sport in Ireland that

1 Like

I can go to friends’ book launches and readings by hopping on the Luas, without having to ask someone if I can stay over, or face the drive home in the dark."

Imagine having to endure that

3 Likes

If only there was some way of lighting up the way home.

4 Likes

Hard to find the headlights after 2 bottles of chardonnay.

Chardonnay?

How common!

Depends on the chardonnay, but I can’t imagine she’d be lashing back first growths in portarlington.

More like Blue Nun I’d say

Cc @Bandage the master of the 25 minute 5k :joy:

This takes beating ;

http://m.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/mairead-ronan-ive-given-up-on-buying-my-dream-home-35723829.html