Womens sports

On the value for money point forumites will recall kevs tweet about getting a ticket to Sporting v Benfica for tuppence hapenny

8 Likes

2 Likes

Phil Nevilleā€™s Lionesses take early lead v Norway in quarter final.

Fixed

Phil Neville did a tremendous impression of Cecil Rhodes there

Heā€™s on a civilising mission

Norway shorn of the Ballon dā€™Or winner Ada Hegerberg

She hasnā€™t played for them since 2017

Some in Norway call her a little twerk

What

A

Hit

1 Like

Men against boys here

France hit back

Renard reaches as high as Geokaun there

Good watching here. The French are very talented and very naive

One of them seemed to have a chemical peel before the game

I donā€™t know what that is pal

Lads this is great. No diving or cynicism or bitching at the ref, full blooded challenges and boobs.

Iā€™m in for the rest of it

Cliche bingo !!!

1 Like

The Athlone U17 girls team didnā€™t show for their game vs Galway today

It appears that the Athlone team and backroom team thought that the game was ok tomorrow based on the original fixture list. The fixture list has been updated a few times as the season goes on.

The Athlone twitter actually replied to this tweet yesterday and didnā€™t cop it :see_no_evil:

Hereā€™s a true story.
I have an oul car that I park up for the winter in a garage I borrow off a pal which is in a compound round the back of flats in West didsbury. I always have the intention of going over and giving the engine a run every couple of weeks, but rarely bother, so, two winters ago, as expected really, it died just as I got it out of the garage, and wouldnā€™t start again (distributor caps).
Anyhow, the garage is small and itā€™s a really tight squeeze, and the car was now at an angle, and blocking the compound. I was trying to push it back in, but it was too heavy, so I was standing scratching my head when a lady walked past. I apologised, and asked her would she possibly mind giving me a hand to push the car back in. She said not at all, with a nice smile, but due to the tight fit, lack of power steering and the car being heavy, and, I realised, on a very gentle incline, it took a good half an hour. We had a great oul chat about where I was from, about garlic football in Manchester (which I was still trying to play), about life in general. Her parents it transpires, were from roscommon, and she said sheā€™d love to try football. Anyhow, as it took longer and longer, I was really embarrassed, said as much and told her to leave me and Iā€™d ring the green flag, but she laughed and said it was a good warm up anyway. I asked her what she was warming up for, and it turns out she was the man city and England goalkeeper, and was a full time professional. She was really pretty in a really nice ordinary way, and was a lovely person. She was also six foot two.
She stayed for over half an hour until the car was back in the garage, bade me farewell with a lovely smile, climbed into an old Ford fiesta and went off to training.
I canā€™t remember her name for the life of me, which is awful.

3 Likes

Jo Hart?

3 Likes

Laugh

The Man City and England keeper is Bardsley and she is American with English parents.

It could be the sub keeper Ellie Roebuck perhaps, blonde?

1 Like

This was back when I was still playing football so must have been two years ago at least, possibly three. Iā€™ll have a Google. I may be wrong on the parents, but she definitely had family connected to roscommon.

1 Like