World Cup 2018/2022 Decision

Wha?

I posted some light hearted whimsy, which wasn’t in direct response to anybody, in order to highlight the absurdity of looking for host countries for 48 team monstrosities every two years.

Imagine a world cup in Saudi Arabia … bussed too and from games and fans kept in compounds by armed guards.

The US could host a few tournaments, on a regional basis. New York, Washington, Baltimore, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Clevland and Charlotte are all relatively close and all have fantastic stadiums already built.

Will John delaney be able to bribe fans with slabs of carlsburg on the train?

Colombia, Ecuador and Peru are in for 2030 - I’d nearly go to that. The drugs would be off the hook, although I’ll be of an age where doing marching powder would be weird and sad (er) by then

1 Like

A yellow card and you get a finger chopped off. A red and your whole hand gets chopped off. A bit like the Galway club hurling championship.

3 Likes

It would be mental…You’d want your wits about you in those countries kid. But it would be a great tour … sign me up.

2 Likes

getting a crop duster from Colombia to Ecuador piloted by one of the Cartel’s men between group games. Life

2 Likes

The Rugby World Cup is moving to every two years as well. Within 30 years life will be a never ending, never relenting circle of major international sporting events. World Cups every six months. Euros every year. Olympics every year. Copa Americas clashing with World Cups. Lions Tours at Christmas. Annual Rugby and Cricket World Cups. Club World Cups. Ryder Cups. The World Series of Virtual Reality Football. The Tour De France et China et Saudi Arabia. No Premier League off season. The Champions League final becomes best of 7, played around the world.

The “shoes off for the boys in green” will get some land for themselves when Pablo who runs the hostel in Bogotá sells their passports, and threatens to remove their kidneys if they say anything

1 Like

Bollox. That would be epic. A 3 week holiday to south America and half the world’s fans coked up over there. Rolling back the years for one last lash at it. And a month in recovery after. 9 years from now. I’ll start saving.

myself and @Thomas_Brady are already in. You’re more than welcome.

1 Like

Savage. @Thomas_Brady can be the oul bollox, you can be the lad who played at a slightly higher level than the rest of us so he thinks he knows everything and I’ll be the sound lad who gets on with the locals. We need a salt of the earth dub who gets a bit seedy and a couple of gombeen roasters who get sunburnt every day for 4 weeks, are pissed by midday every day and who hilariously miss one of the matches due to their own stupidity.

2 Likes

@Horsebox covers all of those

2 Likes

there’s only lads from the leafy suburbs on here. There was a proper dub lad here but someone ran him.

we’re falling down with those. @Raylan can pick them

1 Like

Ah Jesus where did that suggestion for RWC every 2 years. That’s not enough time to build hype before a quarter final exit.

1 Like

Footix giving out about money in football alert

This really shows what Dublin could achieve if it put its mind to it

1 Like