World Cup 2018/2022 Decision

‘Occupy’ Ahoy hoy :clap:

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/fifa/article1417325.ece

THE secret payments that helped Qatar to win the World Cup bid are revealed for the first time this weekend in a bombshell cache of millions of documents leaked to The Sunday Times.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 952511, member: 1786”]http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/fifa/article1417325.ece

THE secret payments that helped Qatar to win the World Cup bid are revealed for the first time this weekend in a bombshell cache of millions of documents leaked to The Sunday Times.[/QUOTE]
Copy and paste, bro-there’s a pay wall.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 952511, member: 1786”]http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/fifa/article1417325.ece

THE secret payments that helped Qatar to win the World Cup bid are revealed for the first time this weekend in a bombshell cache of millions of documents leaked to The Sunday Times.[/QUOTE]
I think we’d all like to see the World Cup taken off Qatar, but that would mean @Fitzy being proved right, so hopefully all this blows over.

Bombshell? Are people still shocked at FIFA corruption?

If as reported, FIFA’s official sponsors are calling for an investigation into Qatar winning, this shit could be about to get real.

Shit is real all the time.

Coca-Cola have added their weight behind Sony’s initial foray into asking answers of FIFA

Blatter has responded today in his usual style, accusing elements (being the English press) of racism in accusing African and Asian votes of being bought.

This is the actions of a desperate man trying to deflect from facts with rubbish.

I couldn’t care less of Qatar keep the WC but there has to be change starting Septic

Any idea what Platini got for his vote yet?

Fucking brits… No one likes a rat… isn’t that right @TheUlteriorMotive?

It’s normal business practice to bribe in arab countries.

The Russian FA is considering buying national team players out of their club contracts in the season before the 2018 World Cup to guarantee they are ready to compete.
Fabio Capello’s side were eliminated from this summer’s World Cup – their first appearances at the finals since 2002 – in the group stages after picking up two points from their three matches. It has increased the scrutiny on the team as Russia prepares to host the tournament for the first time in 2018.
[U]In an interview with the Russian news agency Itar-Tass[/U], the Russian Football Union’s general secretary, Anatoliy Vorobyev, said the scheme is one of several being considered after the under-21 side were also eliminated from the European Championship at the group stages last week.
“It is clear that we can only compete on the highest world level through teamwork,” he said. “In this situation, it is necessary to look for possible competitive advantage. One of them, perhaps, the most important thing would be to create a core team – ‘Russia 2018’.
“The team would take part in the Russian domestic championship in the season before the World Cup, that is 2017-18. The team would be formed from “leased” players who play regularly for Russia and represent the leading clubs. There would be two transfer windows.
“The club could take back a player sent to ‘Russia 2018’ for the winter off-season. It would also be possible to arrange for the club to get its player back for the spring campaign of the Champions League.”
Russia began their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign with a 4-0 victory over Liechtenstein on Monday. Before the game, Capello dismissed rumours he not been paid any of his salary – rumoured to be £7.8m a year – since being eliminated from the World Cup. “I’m not thinking about the rumours regarding my contract and my money,” he said. “Economic questions are the last thing I’m worried about.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/fifa-qatar-2022-world-cup-theo-zwanziger?CMP=twt_gu
[SIZE=6]
Fifa ExCo member: 2022 World Cup will not be held in Qatar[/SIZE]
• Germany’s Theo Zwanziger believes tournament will be moved
• Excessive heat would ‘trigger investigation by state prosecutor’
Fifa sets November target to rule on 2022 World Cup bid
[LIST]
[]Reuters
[
]theguardian.com, Monday 22 September 2014 11.26 BST
[/LIST]
The 2022 World Cup will not be held in Qatar because of the scorching temperatures in the Middle East country, the Fifa Executive Committee member Theo Zwanziger predicted on Monday.

“I personally think that in the end the 2022 World Cup will not take place in Qatar,” the German told Sport Bild on Monday.

“Medics say that they cannot accept responsibility with a World Cup taking place under these conditions,” the former German football (DFB) chief, who is now a member of the world football’s governing body Fifa thatawarded the tournament to Qatar in 2010.

Although Qatar has insisted that a summer World Cup is viable thanks to cooling technologies it is developing for stadiums, training areas and fan zones, there is still widespread concern over the health of the players and visiting supporters.

“They may be able to cool the stadiums but a World Cup does not take place only there,” Zwanziger said.

“Fans from around the world will be coming and travelling in this heat and the first life-threatening case will trigger an investigation by a state prosecutor. That is not something that Fifa Exco members want to answer for.“

Fifa is looking to shift the tournament to a European winter date to avoid the scorching summer where temperatures routinely rise over 40C (104F).

However, talk of a potential change away from the usual June-July dates has resulted in plenty of opposition from domestic leagues around the world, worried the schedule switch would severely disrupt them.

Both Fifa and Qatar World Cup organisers have also been fending off questions of corruption ever since they were awarded the tournament back in 2010, while Qatar has also been criticised for the conditions provided for migrant workers in the tiny but wealthy Gulf state.

Qatar cleared by FIFA’s ethics committee.

No one does ethics quite like FIFA :clap:

The investigator Michael Garcia has released a statement saying the FIFA report contains “numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations” of his investigation.

I feel sorry for those honest Russians. It transpires that all their PC’s and hard copy information were destroyed prior to the investigation. How unlucky is that? Some cynics will not give then the benefit of the doubt here but FIFA have cleared them so that’s good enough for me.

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 1044855, member: 1408”]The investigator Michael Garcia has released a statement saying the FIFA report contains “numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations” of his investigation.

I feel sorry for those honest Russians. It transpires that all their PC’s and hard copy information were destroyed prior to the investigation. How unlucky is that? Some cynics will not give then the benefit of the doubt here but FIFA have cleared them so that’s good enough for me.[/QUOTE]

why do you care?

FIFA will never have credibility until the day that John Delaney replaces Sepp Blatter.

November-December World Cup, World Cup Final on December 23rd?

Signing in.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1096896, member: 180”]November-December World Cup, World Cup Final on December 23rd?

Signing in.[/QUOTE]
December 18th I’d guess.

23rd they said this morning.

fuckin towel heads