World Cup 2018/2022 Decision

The Premier League will have something to say about that. December 23rd is a Friday and would also likely rule out Christmas EPL fixtures. November 18th to December 18th makes most sense to me.

Don’t see these supposed logistical difficulties with holding a World Cup in Winter. Finish the previous season by early May and start the major European leagues again in mid-July, breaking at the end of October, starting up again by December 26th. Champions League final would be pushed back to the last week in June or the first week in July.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1096981, member: 183”]The Premier League will have something to say about that. December 23rd is a Friday and would also likely rule out Christmas EPL fixtures. November 18th to December 18th makes most sense to me.

Don’t see these supposed logistical difficulties with holding a World Cup in Winter. Finish the previous season by early May and start the major European leagues again in mid-July, breaking at the end of October, starting up again by December 26th. Champions League final would be pushed back to the last week in June or the first week in July.[/QUOTE]

The Friday is the Sunday in that neck of the woods. I reckon the final will be the 16th. European leagues have a number of years to plan for this. Will help the English to start thinking about building in a winter break.

You often see players getting extended holidays after a WC and not starting to play until a few games into the new club season. There seems to be this idea that the European leagues and the EPL in particular can take a winter break to allow for the Qatar disaster and then just seamlessly slip back into club football a couple of weeks after. The whole thing will be a joke.

Who cares about the European clubs? World cup in December will be deadly. January would have been better but December will do just fine.

+1

funny the anglophiles like ditsy ,mac ,balbec & horsebox enraged about this as it affects the football season, do these cunts not even realise that the football season finishes in November:D

Journalists just pissed off because they’ll have to work in Qatar in December. It’ll be great for the rest of us tv viewers. Shaking up one season of the monotonous premiership will make a nice change

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1097429, member: 80”]+1

funny the anglophiles like ditsy ,mac ,balbec & horsebox enraged about this as it affects the football season, do these cunts not even realise that the football season finishes in November:D[/QUOTE]

How will it impact our beloved St Pauli mate?

How will it affect the 12 Pubs? I dont think FIFA have thought this through at all.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

http://www.thejournal.ie/fifa-arrests-2127126-May2015/

http://www.thejournal.ie/fifa-arrests-2127126-May2015/[/QUOTE]
Will anything happen though I wonder.

US Justice Department involvement shifts the dynamic considerably

FBI led investigation into “hundreds of millions” in bribes. Blatter will still probably get re-elected.

FBI = Free Blatter Immediately

He’ll get elected 100% question is how long will he stay. Them US boys don’t play

The shit has hit the fan :clap::clap::clap:

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1149814, member: 183”]FBI = Free Blatter Immediately
[/QUOTE]
Eh, he hasn’t been arrested

His minions are probably queuing up to throw him under the bus.

Visa, Hyundai and a few of the big boys are starting to crank up the pressure. He’s that fucking nuts though that he will definitely try to weather it out. This could get very entertaining indeed.

He’s like a dictator mate, if he loses the job he’s dead.

All the one to him, he’s 78 anyway.