World Cup 2018/2022 Decision

We need to tear down the temple that is FIFA. Football needs a beacon, a man who has saved football in his own country, and is now willing to commit himself to saving the gobal game. The worlds game. The peoples sport.

We need someone to pave the way, football needs a prophet. Footballs needs

Off to the people who look slow thread.

1 Like

We owe Platini for fixing it that we got to the euros.

Tj Ryan

Gianni Infantino is the new top dog at FIFA.

1 Like

Unreal. A good Italian and a good roman catholic

1 Like

Sounds like a medieval Italian saint.

Is he not Swiss?

He is. Ethnic Italian though

So World cup 2026 will have 48 teams :cry:. 16 groups of 3, initially with I suppose 2 from each going through? If they did that there wouldn’t actually be a whole pile of extra games as long as there wasn’t a second group stage

think its 1 team going through

great news for Ireland, dare I say Mr Delaney pushed for this

42 teams…16 groups of 3 ???

Its 48 teams I think, not 42

What he said.

More Asian teams, what could go wrong?

Two teams going through.

Diluting the competition further. It’ll just mean the group stage will be a total non event now. Similar to the expansion of the champions league where it’s not worth a shite until the knock out stage. It’ll help Ireland alright, but fuck it, I’d prefer if they were able to qualify by being a good side rather than getting in by being slightly above average of shit European teams.

2 Likes

Stupid format. It’ll lead to an amount of dead rubbers and teams playing to get a convenient result that will suit them both in the last group game.

Can’t play for a convenient result. There will be no draws. There will be penalty shoot outs in the event of a tie.