World Cup Bets

For fans of the dutch bet, this is the ultimate.

Working on the assumption that Holland are shit hot and Japan are shit, I think Holland will win their group.

Straight forecast prices at paddy’s:

Holland to win group Cameroon second @ 3-1
Holland to win group Denmark second @ 3-1

If you buy the logic then a simple dutch dutch double doubles your money.

If tempted but reticent, e/w forecast prices drop to 17-10 but you’re still making decent profit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

charge

i trust our asian football correspondants view on Japan completely

I’m less than convinced about Denmark’s credentials. I know Japan aren’t in scintillating form at the moment but I’d be reluctant to rely on them for anything.

That said, if it has the backing of THEKINGOFTHEDUTCHBET then I’d be a fool to ignore it.

I understand your concern Rock, but second in the group is beyond Japan I reckon. They’re shit, you see.

Mac likes this

Could you also make a case for the Germany / Serbia and Germany / Ghana Dutch at 7/2 and 9/2 respectively? NCC?

Where are you pricing them, Mac?

Bet365 have those prices. Or Boyles go 3/1 on the first and a rake of others 4/1 on the second

Do you reckon the Germans are dead certs for top?

Not as much of a cert as Holland but they’re usually so solid that you would have to think it’s worth taking the risk on.

Algeria are 5/6 to finish bottom of their group.

Missing a few players and more are unfit and were steamrolled by Ireland this week. They are shit. Free money in my opinion.

What do you know of South Korea, Juhniallio?

They are 11/4 to qualify from a group containing Argentina, Greece and Nigeria. I wouldn’t rate the latter two much myself and of course Maradona is over the Argies…

Just looking at the betting for the first time this evening and i will post up things as i go.

Something that jumps out at me is Serbia at 10/11 to qualify from Group D. Their opponents in this group will be Germany, Australia and Ghana.

Is this not nailed on?

I’d be shocked if Denmark failed to qualify from Group E. They can be backed at 11/10 and this looks another likely bet. They might have a squeak at winning the group too at 9/2. Their opponents will be Holland, Cameroon and Japan. I hear people on about how Holland have a great team and are dark horses to win it ETC but to me they look as weak as i have ever seen them. Having watched the African Nations Cup i know that Cameroon are shit. And finally, our Asian correspondant has already advised us that Japan are also shit.

serbia lost to NZ today- they could be shit

I wouldn’t read too much into friendlies NCC. Probably just a ruse by the Serbs to get a bigger price on themselves…

Strong enough squad Dunph. Qualified handy from a toughish group as theirs go but lost to China 3-0 in an Asian CUp. That was a bit of a flash in the pan methinks as they were blooding new lads and the game went away from them a bit. A fair few of them have experience of playing abroad which’ll stand them in good stead. My problem is that I think there’s not much between the three non-arg teams. Greece I think are well organised but toothless. I expect the to finish last but have very lowscoring games. South Korea will be solid and have a great chance but it all depends on which Nigeria turns up. I know they’re shit lately but they’ve strong fast, wingers and strikers. They’ll struggle a bit in the middle of the park (mikel has been used in an advanced role a bit there) but will be well organised by Lagerbach, the fella who coached Sweden for the last 400years. I don’t see how they can’t be up for it seeing as it’s in Africa.

All in all, I see it as a toss up between Nigeria and South Korea for second. And they play each other in the last game. 50/50 on an 11-4 chance…

Say no more Juhniallo, that’s all i needed. I have made my mind up…

Don’t think so Dunph. They qualified really well but are basically a really solid unit. Too many variables in this group to justify 10/11.

australia 8/1 not to score in the world cup

CCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE