World Series

Are the Phillies representing the Phillipines?
Did Ireland enter any team in it? You’d imagine with our thriving rounders scene we would do fairly well.

Desperate idiocy.

What’s up bro?
I’m just trying to show an interest in the World Series of Baseball.
It really must be a great opportuinity for an American sport to showcase itself on a global stage.
How many countries entered?

The World Series is contested between the National League and American league champions.You don’t enter the World Series you get to it by winning a League.

Are you sure, flano???

I heard Templeglentine are entering a team in it this year, flying in training so they are…Twould be great for a small parish to win the World Series

Cheers for clearing that up.
Which country runs the National League?

It’s not run by a country, it’s run by the sports governing body.

I feel a bit quesy, I’m finding myself agreeing with Flano. Jesus Runt, thats just poor.

The National League is of course inferior to the American League, they need pinch hitters fir chrissake, but in this case I will support the Giants.

Giants 2-0 up after a 9-0 win last night. They were 2 up going into the bottom of the 8th when they brought in 7 runs, sending 40,000+ bay fans into wild celebrations.

Superb displays of patriotism there in the pregame show. Nice touch having the two President Bushs there too.

giants looking good to go 3 - 1 up.

how bad does this make those Yankees, considering the Rangers absolutely shitted on them.

This will be absolutely huge for Irish baseball. The Giants were the team of the Irish diaspora when they were based in New York, the equivalent of what Celtic are to Scottish football. The 1947 all Ireland final was played on the Giants home ground, the Polo Grounds.

Appropriate that they beat Rangers so.

Tremendous stuff sid

http://myfunnypics.org/d/1382-2/Funny+pic+of+a+baseball+player+smashing+into+another+outfielder+against+the+wall.jpg

With the '49ers winning in London yesterday and the Giants taking control of the World Series it really is a great week for the Bay area (Oakland were winning in their game last I checked)

Giants are World Champions! A great day for San Francisco, for the Irish in the Bay Area, for America. GO GIANTS!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :pint: :pint: :pint:

I am simulateously nonplussed and pleased by this victory. I’m delighted for that Brian Murphy guy on Newstalk on Tuesday nights obviously and thrilled at the further demise of the Bush family also.

World Champions

:lol:

You got a problem there Runty? The Giants just won the world series, ergo they are now World Champions. Simple as!