WWE Jugdment Day

Watched this last night and 'twas a good, solid, enjoyable show despite no titles changing hands.

First up John Cena defeated JBL and then The Miz and John Morrisson defended their tag team titles in a good battle with Kane and CM Punk.

Shawn Michaels rolled up Chris Jericho for the pin a really high quality bout that saw Sweet Chin Music, The Walls of Jericho, The Code Breaker and pretty much every move each of them has. It was off the hook, off the chain.

Then Mickie James defended her womenā€™s title by pinning Melina in the triple threat match involving these two and Beth Phoenix. This match was notable for The Glamazon lifting Mickie and Melina up over her head simultaneously - an unbelievable display of strength from her.

Undertaker and Edge had a thoroughly enjoyable battle for the World Heavyweight title before there was a rather unsatisfactory ending when Edge was counted out and The Dead Manā€™s celebrations were cut short by Smackdown GM Vicky Guerrero announcing that the title canā€™t be claimed on a disqualification or count out. I reckon it canā€™t change hands in these circumstances but can be claimed in a vacancy situation and Mick Foley in commentary agreed with me. Guerrero got a hugely negative reaction from the crowd - she was abused for ages before she could speak and the theatre was excellent.

Jeff Hardy, returning after his 60-day drugs ban, caught MVP with a Whisper In The Wind to claim an unlikely W after taking a pummelling all through before the finale of the Triple H / Randy Orton steel cage match.

Now this match was off the proverbial hook and chain before Triple H prevailed with his Pedigree before getting the 1-2-3 count.

Iā€™d give it 8.3456 out of 10.0000.

What an idiot William Regal is.

After winning the King of the Ring a few weeks back, he was King of Raw and had a pivotal position as Raw GM and was centrally involved in affairs.

Last night he lost a ā€˜Loser Quitsā€™ match to Kennedy on Raw. I couldnā€™t believe it until I read that heā€™s failed a drugs test and is banned for 60 days.

I havenā€™t seen such stupidity since Jeff Hardy failed his test just before Wrestlemania XXV and ended up missing it when it was all set up for him to win Money In The Bank and launch a charge for the title.

One more strike and he is fired. He had a good chance of maybe being the World Champ even if it was only for a short time as a reward for the great career he had.

Hunter pinned Orton in the Steel Cage match. Thats not right. As an old schooler the only way you should be able to win the match is climb over the cage or through the door. And the old school blue bar cages as well.

I remember they brought back the blue bar cage for a steel cage match involving Vince. I can only assume this was done so he would be able to get out of it easier. Mush easier to get out of them.

Unluckily for Regal he doesnt have the luxury that Jeff Hardy has of being a totally over face that can sell loads of merchandise. Heā€™s screwed when he comes back. Not only has he ruined his own push but also the main storyline on Raw since Wrestlemania. Raw has revolved around him being a control freak and getting on every superstars nerves.

[quote=ā€œFlanoā€]I remember they brought back the blue bar cage for a steel cage match involving Vince. I can only assume this was done so he would be able to get out of it easier. Mush easier to get out of them.
[/quote]

If you remember the end of the match The Big Show came from underneath the ring and threw Stone Cold into the Cage. The cage gave way and Stone cold fell to the floor to win the match. It was black bars by the way. :slight_smile:

YouTube - steve austin vs vince mcmahon

Yeah thats the one. I only watched that whole PPV a few weeks back too, donā€™t how I forgot the bars were black. ā€œThats Paul Wight, King.ā€

They couldnt call him the Giant. The Big Shows name was a knock on Turner Broadcasting System who Vince hated.

Best cage match ever in my view was Bret and Owen. The finish was off the chain. Oh and the afters was good as the Anvil locked the cage and him and Owen were fighting off the Bulldog and the other brothers.

YouTube - Bret Hart vs Owen Hart (Part 4 of 5)

Thats pretty much the first match that comes to mind when the question of best cage match ever is mentioned. Myself and Shinzon have been having some fairly in depth discussions about wrestling history recently. Iā€™ll post up another topic we were discussing once I get home from work.

[quote=ā€œCaptainshanā€]They couldnt call him the Giant. The Big Shows name was a knock on Turner Broadcasting System who Vince hated.

Best cage match ever in my view was Bret and Owen. The finish was off the chain. Oh and the afters was good as the Anvil locked the cage and him and Owen were fighting off the Bulldog and the other brothers.

YouTube - Bret Hart vs Owen Hart (Part 4 of 5)[/quote]

Thats pretty much the first match that comes to mind when the question of best cage match is posed.

Myself and Shinzon have been having some interesting discussions about wrestlings history the past while. Iā€™ll be back on here once I get home from work.

[quote=ā€œFlanoā€]Thats pretty much the first match that comes to mind when the question of best cage match is posed.

Myself and Shinzon have been having some interesting discussions about wrestlings history the past while. Iā€™ll be back on here once I get home from work.[/quote]

How long does it take you to get home from work? You should consider bringing the caravan to the car park at work and youā€™d have a 2 minute commute.

Just watching some tables, ladder, chair matches on DVD this morning.

The one at Wrestlemania XVII between The Hardys, The Dudleys and Edge and Christian for the tag team titles is one of the most awesome matches Iā€™ve ever witnessed.

Off the hook, off the chain.

Jeff Hardy with a Swan Tom Bomb from the top of a ladder 25-feet down through one of The Dudleys and a table.

Edge spearing Jeff Hardy from the top of a ladder as the younger Hardy was hanging on from the belts 30 feet up in the air.

Superb stuff.

I actually watched WM XVII around 3 weeks ago. Class event with one of the most shocking heel turns in history.

And to get back to the post I made there about the discussion I was having with Shinzon. We were talking about the Invasion PPV from 2001 and how it could have been even better if Triple H and Rock had have been around(HHH was injured and the Rock was off making movies) and also if the NWO boys, Ric Flair, Goldberg etc had have been signed for the Invasion angle it would have been the greatest angle in wrestling history