Ye Olde FA Cup 2021

Itā€™s strange the way the Premier League matches get postponed but teams have the play in the FA Cup even if they have no 1st team players available.

The Cup is only a cod.

2 Likes

The BBC go overboard trying to hype it up. Itā€™s about as relevant as the Oā€™ Byrne Cup these days unfortunately. LVG sacked the morning after winning it in 2016 and Wenger won 3 in 4 years while Arsenal declined.

Just to get it out of the way

I think they should keep the premier league teams out of it for another round or something or get them to play each other in the first round so thereā€™s only ten left in it. Give the lower teams more time in it since they might give a bit of a shit about it. I donā€™t get useless mid table premier league sides who could badly do with a trophy just putting out b teams.

1 Like

Yeah the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Everton etc. should have been targeting it as realistic silverware for years. At least Wolves usually have a good cut off it.

Was never the same after the year United didnt bother playing it.

Likes of Arsenal winning it lately says it all.

Arsenal have the most fa cup wins in history

That is a cliche that isnā€™t so

3 Likes

It was the final nail in the coffin but it was going that way anyway. Thereā€™s too much money in the premier league for teams to be wasting their time on the FA cup sadly

I couldnt care less mate.

The FA cup final of 2006 was a great occasion and contest. 2005 and 2007 although not cracking contests were elite level games too.

You took time out of your day to post in the fa cup thread

Wigan winning was brilliant

To say its not the same competition anymore.

Are you policing this thread are you?

The Man City breakthrough in 2011 was very relevant too.

Yeah it was a big turning point for the club. Yaya won that final on his own

Its hardly Man Utdā€™s fault that the FA are thick headed enough to fix their games while the club world cup is on. Pure little Englander shite

I dont think anybody is blaming United

The real damage to the FA Cup wasnā€™t done by Man U or the big clubs . The lower tier premier clubs see it as risky to survival and Many havenā€™t been fielding strong teams. Also a team in the championship with promotion chances down want the risk .