Ye Olde League Cup Thread

Wigan travel to the City Ground in the hope of achieving a giant killing act against the mighty reds. Forest remain unbeaten this season and will be boyed by the signing today of exciting midfielder Henri Lansbury from Arsenal. Sean O Driscoll will be looking to his compatriots Cox, Reid and Maloney to maintain their current rich vein of form and it’s hard not to see the home team progressing tonight.

Elsewhere Villa will be desperate to get their season on track with a win over Tranmere and Stevenange look the most likely to pull off an upset at home to Southampton.

Here ye Here ye, roll on the Littewoods/Rumblows/Coca Cola/Carling/Milk/Capital One Cup 2012/13!

Enda Stevens starts for Villa, his competitive debut.

This isn’t going very well

Simon Cox scores his first goal at the City Ground and what a belter it was :clap:

Wigan who had Alcaraz sent off late on win 4-1. The goals tonight were absolute top notch, Josimar Figueroa’s in particular needs to be seen to be believed. Despite the scoreline, Forest competed well enough, Wigan just had the class to make their possession count a lot more than we did. Both sides were far from full strength, bodes well for Wigan they appear to have added more depth to their panel this year

Good to see Rooney starting for United in the league cup. :clap:

Anderson puts United 1up at the break. Fletcher looks a shadow of his former self.

First start in a long time-give the man a break my friend.

After a shakey start Liverpool reserves have had a decent half against West Brom. Robison at left back and Assaidi in front of him have looked very good. The young german has had a few nice touches but he is being out muscled when one on one.

1-1 at the break.

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 708865”]

First start in a long time-give the man a break my friend.[/quote]
Ah I am. Just remember what a player he was back in day. Id sub him now as United 2 up. Clevs first goal for United.

Newcastle pull one back through cisse

This is a cracking little game, end to end stuff. Lukaku is a beast of a player, pure power.

Liverpool go 2-1 up with a cracking team goal minutes after introducing 18 year old Suso and the clubs youngest ever first team player Jerome Sinclair at 16.

Sahin got both goals.

What’s the story with Adam Morgan? Is he injured?

Would you believe Farmer, I was just thinking he wont be happy with Yesil and Sinclair getting game time tonight. I assume he must be or he would have at least been on the bench. Assaidi has had a fine game and will bring something to the first team when he beds down.

How has Yesil and Assaidi done CM?

EDIT: just saw your earlier post

Yesil had some nice touches but every time he tried to go inside a player he was eased off the ball. Needs to build himself up a bit but got a few decent shots off and linked up good at times. Robison was good at left back and linked up well with Assaidi, who as I said was very good tonight. Suso was central to the winner and looks to be the real deal, along with Sterling, Shelvey, Robinson and Coates, who was pretty decent too tonight, theres a decent squad being built. It doesnt need pointing out, but some experienced quality upfront is badly needed to see the transition of the younger players through.

Anyway, great result tonight, some decent football and a win!

Chelsea united tie of next round

Arsenal 3-0 down at Reading :lol:

4 now. Noel Hunt with a header.