Ye Olde League Cup Thread

heā€™s been missing chances all season. He has no first touch. He has no nuance. All you need is someone faster than himā€¦

He is a banger

1 Like

Heā€™s scored 9 goals in 18 games so far, itā€™s not too bad

Pep would turn Rice into the best 6 around as heā€™d benefit from the same immunity to yellow cards that Fernandinho and Rodri got :smiley:

Be interesting, I think there might be a few parallels with Drogba in that he became a better footballer as he went along.

His general play is dodgy as fuck alright, like that outside of the boot assist to Salah couldve gone anywhere, but I just thing he is so destructive physically that heā€™ll be fine. Ten Haag was mad to get him as well apparently. They do need to seriously work on that touch though.

1 Like

Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

1 Like

Salah, VVD and Mane settled in very quickly. It does seem to take a good few about 3 months to settle in though alright. Like back in the days of the boot room, Bob Paisley et all when you had to spend a few months in the reserves. Now itā€™s all about learning the system when you arrive.

1 Like

This, and he has been cat reallyā€¦there must be more there. His general play in build up couldnt be worse, he must be better than that.

The power, pace, natural aggression, ability to drift into space he has is tough to find. He gets a lot of clear chances.

Frank fucking Spencer would score 9 in 18 for Liverpool Fran

1 Like

How many do you think Iā€™d score? Iā€™m as slow as a wet week but I have a decent first touch and will throw myself around very well

1 Like

youā€™d get 10 a season surely

2 Likes

153 posts :flushed:

it was a ripsnorter

You are listening to too much sky sports mate. Always over hyping English players. United bought a probably past it Casemiro over Rice. It speaks volumes.

I trust my own eyes when it comes to judging players. Rice is a really good player. He is a centre half that was pushed into midfield out of necessity.

He has game breaking physicality. A good first touch and can pass a ball. Iā€™ve never said he was a world beater or world class but he isnā€™t as bad as youā€™re calling out and thatā€™s for sure.

Has Chappers left the BBC? Or just double jobbing?

double jobbingā€¦ doing the league cup for skyā€¦ heā€™s good that lad

1 Like

Nunez is a chance creating machine. He is wasteful as fuck. But he is worth having

1 Like

Yeah I like him on 5live.

Iā€™ll take that

1 Like

seriously @Franā€¦ I think youā€™re a decent judge and Iā€™m not really ball hopping on Nunez. I think heā€™s a hammer throwerā€¦ would you rate him

I think Haaland is a hammer thrower too by the way but he has 25 goals.