Ye Olde League Cup Thread

Took Nunez a long time to get starts. All his signings, Thiagoā€¦ All of them struggle

Nunez got sent off in the second league game of season (and his first start). Thiago was playing most games until alright sort Richarlison tried to chop his legs off.

1 Like

Developing asthma can be detrimental at first!

Great result all round. Good run out and out of this shite :clap:

1 Like

Fellas on about signing Rice? Did ye not watch the World Cup? As Simon Jordan said all Rice does is pass the ball sideways and backwards. A fraud of a player.

Heā€™s a bit on an enigma though, he has great pace and power and will always get on the end of chances, he just wonā€™t take enough of them

Donā€™t let your facts get in the way of a narrative

Entertaining game that in fairness.

most gamesā€¦ but but butā€¦

Youā€™d want your head examined to sign for Liverpool for big money.

RIce should go to United.

that was a fabulous game of ball there.

1 Like

Where was it all from De Bruyne when Ƭt really mattered?

Like winning a Golden League Athletics event a month after the Olympics.

4 Likes

He was excellent against France I thought. Circulating the ball to restart attacks. Watching Man United last night, the amount of passes Eriksen and Bruno force is ridiculous.

Big strong awkward bastard, will get a lot of goals imo.

1 Like

Suited him having to defend. For a progressive attacking team Rice would be a waste of time. Rice suites a negative manager like Southgate, both of whom will never win a trophy.

translation.

Cost a fortune and wouldnā€™t score in a brothel. Girogios Samaras was one of those

Covers ground very easily, these days I think heā€™s fine on the ball and a very powerful dribbler with the ball at his feet. I think heā€™ll succeed with the big move.

Him and Casimero would be a grand duo in front of a back 4

youā€™re very wrong on Rice. Heā€™s a brilliant player and would shine at a good club. His physical attributes are unparallled

Pep would turn him into the best 6 in the game

1 Like

He gets an awful lot of easy chances though, with his movement and power, he cant keep missing them surely, he missed 4 1v1s tonight like.

Ireland wouldve made the last 8 at the World Cup with him and Sir Jack.

Kelleher has a lot of work to do before his next appearance in aug 23