Yellow sores and Rebel Yells

Don’t say ye weren’t warned about Cork being very dangerous.

For the record: especially for those who are newcomers to GAA blogging & my output over the last 8 or 10 yrs: Its was never a secret that I’m no fan of Donal Og; I referred to him as Cabbage even before the first strike; lately I’ve toned done by attitude to him because his performances on the field earned him my respect (well some anyway) I still think hes a cabbage; I don’t like someone who has several agendas. Especially someone so young.

I nearly applauded when Scully was sent off: I’ve said many times Cork are better off without him. Its great to be proved soooooooooo right. Again.

It will be interesting to watch what happens next regarding Sean Og; personally I don’t think it was a bad as it looked; however in my experience it will depend on the Croke Park reaction to yesterdays Sunday Indo pic.

The game was played with intense competition and uncontrollable adrenaline; both on the field and in the stands. To compare the senarios involved from the Leinster Hurling Final (Hickey) and the Munster Football Semi (Galvin) is a ridiculous as comparing standards between a 5 a side Sunday league game and a Champions League Final; and but for the head bangers here who think Macho means know it all read carefully.

Paul Galvin is Captain of Kerry, current all Ireland winners and on that day; most likely to be the Next All Ireland winners. The game v Clare was never a contest; both in terms of the scoreboard or that their season could be over. His behavior on this occassion was not a precedent nor was it unusual; what it was however was behaviour that is clearly symtomatic of the “more sinned against that sinning” 's dangerous tendencies.

Hickey (insert medals allstars Hurler of the years here) while like Paul Galvin, current AI and odds on next AI, and involved in a game that was as close to a contest as Portobello School of Childcare v Brazil; and like the MFSemi the LH final also had a back door opportunity; but yet he Swung. Deliberately and Contemptously. And For What? The game was won. That Wexford and Mr Lyng had the absolute nerve to beat this Kilkenny Man to the ball when like the the rest of the country they should be tipping their hats to him!

It really takes a special type of arrogance to think that Hickey was entitled to do what he did.

Saturday was more than a winner takes all event. You know it; you hate it but there it is.

Cork are still roaring while Galway have been found out. Cork are still roaring with both codes blasing. You hate it but there it is.

Cork are still roaring; Lets hear from Nicky Brennan now.

Still want to talk about double standards lads.

Personal by the by:
Being a Cork supporter isn’t always easy; and usually its more bad days than good. But its not a choice. We live with it. And for all that, I don’t think I’ve ever been prouder to be a langer than Saturday Night. Everything was against us; the odds, the press and especially *the Ref; the fact that Galway have 2 or maybe 3 players who would make a Cork Panel with 1 starter was ignored while we were laughed at. Yet still we roared like Animals.

Apologies to all in Cafe en Seine.

• Check out the Free he gave against Joe Deane.

What is this? Im not impressed and I doubt NCC will be too enamoured either with this

He was taken off.
Wrong. Again.

Played the hurl-canna do it captain.

Cabbage is a good one though

What a load of cack. Please try to get players names correct next time you have a go at them.

Are you trying to suggest that it’s ok to get away with striking someone if the game is close?

Is there any links to this pic involving sean og or even a you tube of the incident? I haven’t seen any of the game yet.

[quote=“Fran”]What a load of cack. Please try to get players names correct next time you have a go at them.

Are you trying to suggest that it’s ok to get away with striking someone if the game is close?[/quote]

Absolutely not.
I’m asking people to measure all the events in equal measure.

Saw a you tube clip on one of the other threads, possibly the hurling cship thread.

[quote=“Pikeman”]He was taken off.
Wrong. Again.

[/quote]

yup; these typo’s. Good catch tho’ Pikey
Hows your stomach?

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Absolutely not.
I’m asking people to measure all the events in equal measure.[/quote]

As long as they judge fairly in your favour?

I don’t care.

Galvin got his suspension. Which is right (heard its gonna be squashed today btw)

I only care if Nicky comes after Cork or other Munster counties again with the same spluttering indignation that followed Semplegate; while he choses to ignore his own back yard. THATS A DOUBLE STANDARD

I only want us all to play by the same rules. And on that note; the ref should have taken the bag of balls off cabbage; there was going to be a sending off from the get go.

What the fook is MGG on about now, really gone off on one I think!!

Scully, cabbages, Hickey (is she talkin bout the tommy walsh incident?)

Being a Cork supporter isn’t always easy; and usually its more bad days than good. But its not a choice. We live with it…IS she joking, we have 100+ AI titles across all grades, to be fair its probably easier be a Cork fan than any other county.

And worst of all, she drinks in Cafe en Seine

I want to disassociate myself fromo these remarks

[quote=“dancarter”]What the fook is MGG on about now, really gone off on one I think!!

[/quote]

Just nod and agree Dan and slowly back away. She’s lost it.

must have been a trout tickling gala on over the weekend

[quote=“dancarter”]What the fook is MGG on about now, really gone off on one I think!!

Being a Cork supporter isn’t always easy; and usually its more bad days than good. But its not a choice. We live with it…IS she joking, we have 100+ AI titles across all grades, to be fair its probably easier be a Cork fan than any other county.

And worst of all, she drinks in Cafe en Seine

I want to disassociate myself fromo these remarks[/quote]

I’m still not right: its the age I’m still drinking like a whore at.
Sub Hickey for Walsh.

Dan?

Can I ask you someing, how old were you in '93

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Dan?

Can I ask you someing, how old were you in '93[/quote]

16…whats on the way here!!

still living at home then

Imagine living in Dublin from 90 to 99 ( & working in Dept of Ed/ the Revenue etc)
The High reached a low so bad you wished you lived in Ipswich and your name was Trevor.

On the side of all those wins we can enjoy; you have to learn to stomach the alledged greatness of Kilkenny amongst the alledged greatest supporters in the GAA; the Dubs. Shallow and one sided but a battle you’ll never win because appearing in both hurling and football AI’s is something only we understand.

Arriving post 99 has given you a different climate to be a rebel.

love it.
but hate watery cabbage

any way pikey; that signiture you have. Allow me to congratulate you on your choice. Signs you off to a tee

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]still living at home then

Imagine living in Dublin from 90 to 99 ( & working in Dept of Ed/ the Revenue etc)
The High reached a low so bad you wished you lived in Ipswich and your name was Trevor.

On the side of all those wins we can enjoy; you have to learn to stomach the alledged greatness of Kilkenny amongst the alledged greatest supporters in the GAA; the Dubs. Shallow and one sided but a battle you’ll never win because appearing in both hurling and football AI’s is something only we understand.

Arriving post 99 has given you a different climate to be a rebel.[/quote]

cmere if you couldnt bat all volleys aimed at you away with a double sided poster from the echo celebrating our famous Double victory there is fear of you