You'd want your head examined or have daughters like Hopper McGrath, to manage a Ladies team thread

the fucking heads on them, this saga is the direct result of the snowflake media feeling obliged in the current envirnment to treat ladies sport equal to mens sport.
it began with wimins rubby and rte broadcasting that nonsense live, you had the pantomine surrounding yerwan katie taylor, that claudia roche girl who scored a bicylce kick in a wimins scummy soccer match and a camera happened to be there being lauded and trotted out on the late late show and paraded in front of messi and fellas like that. all tokenism.
the mayo wimins footballers have made a holy show of themsleves but they are the result of the current enviroment. they are actually victims of this fucked up environment that we live in.

9 Likes

One of the best posts on here for a long time.

Anyone know what the age eligibility is for ladies club teams? I had thought they brought in a rule recently where you couldnt play 2 grades above your age group, but not sure if that is a county specific or national rule. Its definitely there for intercounty players, not sure for clubs.

Just wondering, because in Stauntons rambling mess of an interview on Off the Ball, she threw out “wont someone think of the children” when she mentioned that 11 and 12 year old girls are disheartened in her club and she continued on that theme later on saying that there are 13 year old girls on her senior team for Cornacon. Surely that is a very concerning welfare issue?

That’s only for men gman as far as I’m aware

1 Like

“We wish to thank Peter, his management team, and their respective families for their patience, integrity and dignity throughout this episode since July. The County Board also wish to thank the Mayo Senior Players who remained on the panel for the three remaining Intercounty championship games this year and commend them for their performances under immense emotional pressures and in some cases, intimidation.

I wonder did Carnacon have a presence at these games intimidating the players that stayed?

It wasn’t a strike more a walkout or removal, so the players that remained were perfectly entitled to stay and play. If Carnacon tried to intimidate them to remove services then they deserve to be fucked out of the club championship

I wonder how a Carnacon player would have been treated if they had disagreed with the players that left and decided to stay?

Fair play to the other members of the panel for not leaving, I’m sure they were under some pressure for the ones that left to also leave.

1 Like

listening to Peter Leahys interview, after Cornacon players walked, remaining players called a meeting, basically to oust Leahy. Only 4 at that meeting of 16 (I think) ended up favouring the motion and they walked then. Apparently then there was pressure put on remaining players subsequently to quit.

Thats only going on his word though, but some of the facts of that are not disputed.

Its not all bad news for ladies sports in Eire today though. Here’s the important news of the day from the Ryan Tubridy radio show this morning.

carnacunts

I would imagine it wasn’t an option

The Captain of the Mayo team has given specifics.

Carnacon ladies not coming across well here but it shouldn’t be forgotten that Leahy is a bit of a mentaller who has done jail time.

A fine Croke Park employee is Kevin, albeit with a slightly firey temper. Don’t dare make a smart comment about Anna around him.

whats this now?

Ask @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy He put up the link somewhere above

She could have done better for herself. He looks a bit simple.

Think he’s a mate of @myboyblue

1 Like

Keep your voice down in the croke Park Hotel Fagan.

Not too many specifics in that.
How many sessions would she have lasted under Cody?

Who is he?