You'd want your head examined or have daughters like Hopper McGrath, to manage a Ladies team thread

Dear Madam

Ladies football :joy:

Would you all fuck off.

Yours etc

Chocolate Mice esq.

6 Likes

That’s an windy an article as you’re ever likely to read.

1 Like

Let’s be honest about it, It’s what most people are thinking.

1 Like

Leahy is quoted as saying this, which gave me a good auld chuckle

" It’s bad enough with men, but with women change doesn’t go down that well.”

‘‘Tis.

I agree with the thrust of Ewan’s argument in his terribly written piece.

2 Likes

Surely after this saga the GGA would be utterly mad to bring the LGFA under its wing .

the glorification of sportswomen like cora stauntan and katie taylor has done serious damage to genuine girls sports.
they are both fine strong girls who went the tomboy route and fair play to them they got their rewards by becoming the top dog in their niche sport, but the media over hyped them. the media influences the snowflakes and the snowflakes influence the media. its a vicious circle based on something false ie. that in sport women are equal to men. they are not.
there was 51000 at the ladies football and this was used as some type of justification of something or other but we all know about 30000 were let in free. same with camogie. womens rubby nobody attends yet it ends up live on rte. its gas. women now infiltrating the analysis of mens sport for no good reason as far as i can see. tokeism. anna geary is now a celebrity in snowflake oireland, fuck me how did that happen. and the tattooed depressed girl from cork who wouldnt get a game on the ballinabollix junior b team. katie taylor is the best wimins boxer in the world but does anyone here even know a lady who partakes in this pretending to be a man activity? there are fuck all womens boxers out there. fair play to you katie for being the best of them though.

9 Likes

I kind of agree - does that make me a racist, anti-semitic, homophobe?

I had a family member who was involved in a Wexford All Ireland Senior Camogie Final victory a while back. The team used to play challenge matches against the boys’ county development U14 and U16 teams. The standard is shite.

There’s a recently departed TFK poster who was regularly calling for the Cork camogie management to be drafted in to manage the Cork senior hurling team. It struck me as plain daft as it’s apples and oranges stuff. I was afraid to debate it with him though.

1 Like

Your best post in a long time. The only women’s sports that have large participation levels are athletics and, internationally, hockey, tennis, soccer and possibly badminton. Compare how many women run to how many women box.

Ireland’s top sportswoman is Ciara Mageean and the general public have never heard of her. I don’t object to the Cora Staunton thing quite so much because I do know girls who play gaelic football but the Katie Taylor hype is a complete disgrace, as was the Rhonda Rousey hype. I would 100% guarantee you that Mageean works harder than either of them, and has come back from serious injury on her way. Her event is 100 times more competitive than ladies boxing. All the Katie Taylor hype does is distract from the real sports women.

As for women’s rugby, does anyone here know a woman who plays or watches women’s rugby? Do more women watch women’s rugby or men’s rugby? As I understand it the entire team is exclusively farmer girls. Why is this shite on tv? Badminton would have far higher participation in this country. Why not show that or women’s soccer which would also have far higher participation?

I think women’s GGA has a good effect on keeping many young ladies fit but the disparity between the attendance at the semi-final and final suggests it’s a crock of hypocritical shit also. Women’s football is big in Monaghan though.

6 Likes

wise, he’d have taken your head off.

1 Like

To be fair the amateur boxing standard is improving hugely and so is preparation .

I get the impression that the girls Katie is fighting in the pro game are hopeless .

The tfk misogyny crew are up early today.

7 Likes

Cycling, basketball, golf has a strong womens tour, netball, Rowing

Surely our world champion rower is mor3 succesful than mageean

1 Like

What about thoughtless rowing in behind men’s side of an argument as we have here?

It should be staring people in the face that Leahy is two ends of a gobshite, has completely failed in his job and should resign, but apparently that’s too obvious for some people.

Malachy Clerkin’s article in the Times is about the best take I’ve read on it so far.

so your basic attitude is let them play sports but don’t show it on TV, allow them have an opinion on it or celebrate their success in it?

I hope you haven’t a daughter

I think Wooly’s tweet yesterday showing the clip of Staunton bullying the young lass who was the designated free taker off the first free awarded to Mayo in the Connacht Final was a decisive blow in favour of Leahy and us members of TFK misogyny crew.

2 Likes

No I don’t accept those ones but I should have added swimming and gymnastics

Whether or not he’s good at the job or has failed is neither here nor there. The issue here is the decision by the players to quit the panel due to some tough (but not outrageous or damaging) player management by him, and the subsequent innuendo about safety and welfare used to damage as much as possible his reputation unfairly. This is aggravated by the pitiful attempts to substantiate their claims and the backtracking.

4 Likes

She was right to. The other player “ran” over to it to like my granny “running” for a bus with six bags of shopping.