Your 3 top movies

You got there before me. This thread will tell the roasters from the non-roasters better than any other metric weā€™ve used before.

Zwartboek (Black Book)
V For Vendetta
In The Name of The Father

Shawshank redemption is most definitely the most over rated film of ALL TIME.

Itā€™s not even the best Morgan Freeman film which as everybody knows was Hard Rain.

12 Angry Men
Godfather 2
Godfather 1

Honorable mentions
Das Boot
The usual suspects
Goodfellas

2 Likes

Das Boot is a great film actually. Good shout.

I am happy to state that I have never watched the Shawshank Redemption.

1 Like

Not so much roasters, I mean, its consistently voted in the top ten films of all time by a number of polls, worldwide. Its just one of those films that has universal appeal

No itā€™s not even close to the most over rated movie of all time.

It was an enjoyable watch, much like Forrest Gump, and a thoroughly well made and respectable movie.

For overrated you need something that the Movie Critics creamed themselves over despite the fact that it was an utter ball of shite.

Iā€™d propose the following as fine examples of this:

• Shutter Island
  • The English Patient
  • The Talented Mr Ripley
  • Titanic
  • The Revenant
3 Likes

I liked Shutter Island.

3 Likes

Ball of Shite.

1 Like

The highest grossing film of all time is Avatar. People went to see it in their fucking droves. I personally thought it was horseshit, but its amazing how well it done in the box office.

Yet it never gets mentioned by any in the way a Titanic does. While Titanic is a horseshit storyline, its an amazing spectacle and a decent telling of one of the most famous events in world history. Avatarā€™s success is just fucking bizarre. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how well the sequels do.

1 Like

+1. However Iā€™ve only watched it the once, and doubt it would hold up well to rewatching.

+1

I put it down to the fact that itā€™s very watchable, probably due to the action sequences and special effects. The storyline isnā€™t exactly challenging but itā€™s told in an engrossing way.

Thereā€™s some movies like Forrest Gump, Independence Day that are on TV a lot and you get hooked on them after about two minutes.

Whereas with Titanic youā€™re hoping the ship will sink a little bit quicker this time.

Independence day is one of the most fucking annoying films ever made. The yanks are so up themselves and the acting so shit, I Wanted the aliens to win.
Forrest gump is a great film.

Avatar was a bit of a novelty with 3D at the time.

1 Like

Why do you hate FREEDOM?

Yea, I can get Gump, ID, Raiders, Jurassic Park, Titanic etc, but Iā€™m fucked if Iā€™ll ever watch Avatar again. That movie is a mystery. I mean I doubt Iā€™ve ever talked to anyone who has said theyā€™d watch it more than once.

Enjoyed shutter island myself.

I wouldnā€™t be so pretentious as to put a foreign film at the top of my list.

My selections:

The Count of Monte Cristo.
Pulp fiction.
The Goonies.

The storyline is Pocahontas but with blue people rather than injuins

1 Like

True.

When it was on Sky Movies I found that Iā€™d watch a few minutes of it here and there, never more than 20 minutes though.