Ravenous

what is fennel like? i never had it before

It’s a good hearty veg with a nice aniseed flavour. It bakes well, and goes with tomato and creamy sauces.

Give Hugh’s fennel recipes a rattle. Then come back to me - I have a fennel, cherry tomato and crumble gratin recipe for you. If you ever have a bird over Tossy and land this out on the plate her, she’ll probably suck the balls off you for desert.

I’ll do that, I fancy some sort of a vegetable tart tomorrow, maybe asparagus

Good man! How’s the book going? What recipes are really jumping out at you?

I like the DIY ‘pot’ noodles for lunch. The first recipe in, Aubergine Parmigiana is top drawer stuff. For cold weekend lunchtimes, the Mushroom Stoup is unrale.

That loiks devine pal

the mushroom soup will be getting a go very soon

1 Like

Lock this thread.
@tallback has just put every other poster who ever threw up a picture of their grub on this thread in the ha’penny place.

2 Likes

stoup, not soup…
not one of these though

1 Like

Thicker than a soup. Thinner than a stew. Nothing to do with holy water. A stoup.

And nice plates too.

Unreal bread. Thank you. You changed my life in ways I never thought possible. Best £3.50 I ever spent

2 Likes

Badly needed a bàs tho…

That’s a nice looking loaf pal - I bet it tastes unreal. You’re welcome too chief.

just discovered Halloumi cheese, wow, just wow, its a game changer lads

1 Like

Slow cooked spicy lamb shanks, Moroccan spiced potato cubes, lemon and garlic roasted asparagus and a carrot mash,. Unreal

2 Likes

Steak, pepper sauce, chips. Unreal.

7 Likes

Timeless classic

sounds unreal, the veg were a meal in itself

well done?

Medium well.