125 Years of the GAA

They picked the top 3 footballer and hurlers of the past 25 years also.

Top 3 in Football were
*Jack O Shea Kerry
Darragh O S Kerry
Peter Canavan Tyrone

Top 3 in Hurling were
*Henry Shefflin Kilkenny
DJ Carey Kilkenny
Nickey English Tipperary

Thought Maurice would have been in there, and would have had put Darragh ahead of Jacko but thats just my take on it.

No arguments with King Henry and the hurling top 3 for the most part.

[quote=“myboyblue”]They picked the top 3 footballer and hurlers of the past 25 years also.

Top 3 in Football were
*Jack O Shea Kerry
Darragh O S Kerry
Peter Canavan Tyrone

Top 3 in Hurling were
*Henry Shefflin Kilkenny
DJ Carey Kilkenny
Nickey English Tipperary

Thought Maurice would have been in there, and would have had put Darragh ahead of Jacko but thats just my take on it.

No arguments with King Henry and the hurling top 3 for the most part.[/quote]

Would have put DJ first myself and would have had Canavan first also.

Jack O’Shea number 1?

Can’t remember him obviously but that seems slightly wrong. I would have Fitzgerald, Canavan and probably Dara O’Se.

You can’t quibble too much on the hurling but I would still rate Joe Cooney as the best I ever saw. Would probably have him in there ahead of English.

I would have O hara’s goal, annoying as it was, fairly high up on the list. The movement, speed, passing and the finish were proper top drawer. Utterly outstanding in all fairness.

John McKeon’s goal against Roscommon this year.

:clap:

Silver coin marks GAA anniversary

A limited edition 15 silver coin was launched today to mark the 125th anniversary of the GAA.

The collector item features the associations crest and the image of a hurler.

Just 10,000 will be issued and will go on sale tomorrow for 36 each from the Central Bank and the GAA museum and outlets nationwide.

Each coin will have a numbered certificate of authenticity highlighting its limited issue.

The GAA was founded on November 1, 1884 at Hayes Hotel, Co Tipperary.

Events have been held around the country to mark the historic anniversary

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/silver-coin-marks-gaa-anniversary-432767.html#ixzz0VnyiPISX