2009 Coppers Thread

Haven’t been there this year myself, hopefully I will resist for the forseeable future, I am not happy with the way they are sucking the life out of everywhere else in town by opening a half hour later than everywhere else.

The Jackson Court Hotel in Dublin, which is home to Copper Face Jacks nightclub ,made a pre-tax profit of 6.6 million last year as revenues rose sharply. The city centre premises, owned by former garda Cathal Jackson and his wife Paula, had total revenues of 13 million in the year to the end of January 2008.

Revenues at the hotel were up by 44 per cent from9 million the previous year, when pre-tax profits were 4.3 million. A breakdown of revenues last year showed that 9 million came from the licensed trade, 2.5 million from door receipts, 666,200 from accommodation receipts and 251,000 from cloakroom receipts. The Jacksons firm had 26.1 million in accumulated profits and 15.1 million in cash on deposit at the end of January last.

The owners did not receive a dividend from the company last year, but Cathal and Paula Jackson shared 481,400 in pay for the year. The company employed 112 people last year, up from 77 people the previous year, and its employment costs rose by almost 900,000 to 2.5 million.

The company plans to continue its present activities and to increase turnover in the forthcoming year, according to accounts just filed at the Companies Registration Office. Though it is a small hotel, the Jackson Court is popular with tourists, and has a strong bar and nightclub business.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Haven’t been there this year myself, hopefully I will resist for the forseeable future, I am not happy with the way they are sucking the life out of everywhere else in town by opening a half hour later than everywhere else.

The Jackson Court Hotel in Dublin, which is home to Copper Face Jacks nightclub ,made a pre-tax profit of 6.6 million last year as revenues rose sharply. The city centre premises, owned by former garda Cathal Jackson and his wife Paula, had total revenues of 13 million in the year to the end of January 2008.

Revenues at the hotel were up by 44 per cent from9 million the previous year, when pre-tax profits were 4.3 million. A breakdown of revenues last year showed that 9 million came from the licensed trade, 2.5 million from door receipts, 666,200 from accommodation receipts and 251,000 from cloakroom receipts. The Jacksons firm had 26.1 million in accumulated profits and 15.1 million in cash on deposit at the end of January last.

The owners did not receive a dividend from the company last year, but Cathal and Paula Jackson shared 481,400 in pay for the year. The company employed 112 people last year, up from 77 people the previous year, and its employment costs rose by almost 900,000 to 2.5 million.

The company plans to continue its present activities and to increase turnover in the forthcoming year, according to accounts just filed at the Companies Registration Office. Though it is a small hotel, the Jackson Court is popular with tourists, and has a strong bar and nightclub business.[/quote]

Was there the other night myself for the first time in a while. Opens unbelievably late alright, I think it was around 4 when I left. Presume that’s cos yer man is an ex guard and lets guards in free but surely you’d think other places in the area would complain to some higher authority.

The place is the nearest thing I have seen to a money printing factory.

Revenue up 44% in a recession!!

Unbelievable.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]The place is the nearest thing I have seen to a money printing factory.

Revenue up 44% in a recession!!

Unbelievable.[/quote]

Think those figures are to the end of January 2008. I’d say they didn’t do too bad last year either though.

Precisely my thinking. It’s killing the business of the likes of D2, and even other places in town. I am vert surprised that a mob of publicans don’t try to make a fuss about it or something.

It has to happen sooner or later, it was alright when Coppers was openly flouting the law once it was only looking after the usual suspects and ‘‘members of the club’’ but the place has become so popular lately with the sort of crowd that never would have frequented the place 18 months ago; the D4/Rugby/UCD wanker crowd. Its also operating more commercially; ads on the radio, plasma screen ads in the place etc and is becoming more and more conspicuous.

They are some fucking figures. Jesus christ 15 m in cash!

2.5million from door receipts = 250,000 punters = 684 paying customers on average per night.

Thought it’d be more to be honest!! Must be thronged with guards every night if thats the case!!

However a slightly different calculation yields this.

Ticket price on Mon and Tues = 5 euro. Therefore average ticket price = 60/7 = 8.57.

Now amount of annual paying customers = 2.5m/8.57 = 291,666.

Per night = 799 which seems more correct. (+ non paying guards)

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]However a slightly different calculation yields this.

Ticket price on Mon and Tues = 5 euro. Therefore average ticket price = 60/7 = 8.57.

Now amount of annual paying customers = 2.5m/8.57 = 291,666.

Per night = 799 which seems more correct. (+ non paying guards)[/quote]

A lot of people wouldn’t leave in their jackets either remember

Calculation coming from the door receipts figure Pikey.

Sorry yeah just realised. I’m still in shock at those figures though. A lot of your hard earned money must have went into helping them achieve those profits Gaillimharais.

Don’t I know… The place is a license to print money. Having said that drinks aren’t as expensive as a lot of places in town.

Was in town the Monday night before Xmas. Coppers had a queue of easily 100 / 150 people while across the road D2 had absolutely no queue.

Does anyone here know of any person who has stayed in the hotel there (other than a fella who’s met a bridie from birr on the dancefloor getting his hole)?

I know of a good few foreign birds who would stay there when they come over.

The cloakroom does little business in the warmer weather, which, being generous in this country, could be April-September. I don’t generally wear a jacket out during that part of the year anyway.

Plus it’s not just garda who get in for free :rolleyes:

Is there any night of the week that the place is not busy? Gaillimh, you can answer this one surely?

[quote=“Mac”]Was in town the Monday night before Xmas. Coppers had a queue of easily 100 / 150 people while across the road D2 had absolutely no queue.

Does anyone here know of any person who has stayed in the hotel there (other than a fella who’s met a bridie from birr on the dancefloor getting his hole)?[/quote]

Years ago I was up in dublin on a course and had to book my own accomodation. I booked the Jackson Court hotel because it was cheap! Being an innocent Muldoon who had never been out in Dublin at that point I had no idea where or what Coppers was at that point.

Dunno. It’d be rare enough I’d be there mid-week and have only ever been there once of a Sunday. Tuesday night would be the quietest I’d imagine.

I was there on a Tuesday night back in November and the place was still fairly full!

I think I might make this my new years resolution

Visit the Ladies jaxs in Coppers