2010/2011 English Premier League Discussion Thread

Thats the reason being given, shur I know he played fuck all. Still can’t see him not getting a game though. These lads want to see their big purchases playing, witness the recall of Robinho.

Silva was carrying a knock into the game on wednesday and played i think. Adam Johnson is playing well , so maybe thats what will tip it. I took the team from a site which suggested this would be the team.
Johnson has played on the right anyway hasn’t he? At least i remember him coming in from that side a good few times last year.

they will always have valuable players on the bench, as thats the kinda squad they have.

He’s the only one who partied for 10 days though!!!

i see in the irish independent where they are reporting that stevie ireland wants 2 million before he agrees to leave city!!(for aston villa)it could scupper the milner deal. he really is a vile cunt…

He’s impossible to deal with i’d say. Must be noted at this point he grew up on the same mean streets as mickee. Now mickee is very fond of the jews, and the jews are very fond of the coin. I’m not saying anything, but all these things do link up… :smiley:

Whats the problem Puck? He didn’t ask to leave? By selling him now City get out of the clause in his contract that was about to trigger which would increase his wages by around 15k a week. He has the Arabs over a barrel now. He might as well take a little go on them and see how he goes. Kitchen floored fishtanks dont pay for themselves.

The Lescott-Dunne deal is up there with the Eto’o-Ibrahimovic deal as the worst bits of business ever.

Ah woah Clarkey it wasn’t that fucking bad.

It wasn’t great either though, Lesscott hasn’t got his shit together at all.

Slightly related, i expect Dunne to struggle this year.

Why?

I’d be of the same opinion. Reason being, a new manager, new set up, getting older and he put in a herculean effort last year to show his detractors (namely the hob nobs in Man City) wrong. Plus he is prone to gaffs, and I could see them getting worse as time goes on. I probably dont expect him to struggle as such, but I doubt he’ll have the same force as last year.

I read he was hoping Tottenham would come in for him instead of Villa… Its gone full circle !!! :smiley:

Anyone else get an email from Setanta today telling them what live games they were showing over the next few months?

They had games involving Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea & FC Taliban in Caps and Bold to tell us 1 of these 4 were playing.

Anyone any idea why?

What that man said. I just see a difference in his demeanor, and i can see a yank struggling to motivate him like MON did.

I knew it. :lol:

He must have got the bald patch from wearing that silly hat they wear.

going to have fun comparing this side to the one that actually lines out

i thought given wasnt great last season and expect joe hart to be number one. with everyone available this is the side i would pick if i were mancini. kolo toure is dung too.

hart
boateng, kompany, lescott, kolarov
-------de jong--------yaya toure------------
johnson-----------silva-------------------robinho/balotelli
---------------------tevez----------------------

robinho was decent in his first season at city particularly against the shit teams. cant see where gareth barry will fit in or even milner for that matter. milner is average out wide, barry even worse. barry’s best position would actually be in the role where I have placed Silva there. milner is nowhere near the class of a de jong or yaya toure as a holding player. adebayor is also pretty average. wenger really did well getting that money for toure and adebayor.

for the mighty villa at the weekend it seems cuellar and collins are out. time for curtis davies to put up or shut up think he will be fine next to dunne. i wouldnt play milner at the weekend. what is the point. I’d like to see downing to move to a more central role this year. he is too slow for outwide.

friedel
l young, dunne, davies, warnock,
-----reo coker, petrov, downing
albrighton, ------------ayoung--------
-------------gabby---------------

we wont of course . it will be 44fucking2 and carew will have a field day with long balls pumped from friedel. a central two of reo coker and petrov is scarily inept.

Are you just making up positions for fellas now? When has Silva played in the hole? And a whole new system, that wouldn’t suit their best player Tevez in any way? Your some spoofer in fairness, just disagreeing for the sake of it. That was a team i picked up from a number of sites when sorting my FL team, as i mentioned in a subsequent post, if you bothered reading everything.

Balotelli is certain not to start due to no game time yet. Toure would be expected start ahead of Lescott.

Jesus, the resident Villa supporter doesn’t know “Gabby” is unexpected to miss the game. Beye is expected to start ahead of Young at RB as well.

that is where tevez played last season anyway. He is a player I’m not sure about. Dire in the World Cup or any time I have seen him play for Argentina. Poor for Man Utd in his final season but class for City last season. He seems to get the fans on his side but also is a troublesome player behind the scenes. Think he kind of sums City up this season. If he has a great season they could win the league, if he doesnt it could end in farce.

Think it is important for city to have a creative player in a central area. Toure, De Jong or Viera wont create much. Silva isnt a winger either. I think he could influence the game more there. He is an intelligent player that could move left and interchange if needed be anyway. Toure is muck. The EPL is all about crosses and high balls into the box. Toure is crap in the air. Lescott with the extra protection in front of him would be a better bet imo. Better footballer too.

cheers for the inside knowledge on City’s starting eleven and Gabby and Luke Young not playing.

KIB isn’t sure about Tevez, and claims he was poor in his last season for United!!! :wacko:

And Silva isn’t a winger, must have been his twin brother i used to see out the left with Valencia so. :rolleyes:

I’m not discussing soccerball with you anymore. I was only trying to help out for your fantasy team on who was and wasn’t “expected” to start, people i was reading seem to have alot of inside knowledge going on last year.