2010/2011 English Premier League Discussion Thread

Blackpool top of the league. Shows the strength of the league. :clap:

7 out of 11

1 out of 2

:lol: :clap:

oops it looks like someone has been found out…

if only we have someone on here that could sort out the bluffers

Superb. Cracking football. Ashley Young was unplayable in the first half. Carew the cunt should have had 4. On my FFL team. He gave Upson some lesson today. Petrov’s goal was reminiscent of his days at Parkhead. Cross made it though. Albrighton and Clark did well. Luke Young had a fine game. Dunne was a little iffy. Warnock too but first time that back four was playing together and none of our midfielders wanted to defend today either. Could hardly blame them. Milner came into the game. Nice goal. Downing too was decent. All in all the tactics were superb with Ashley Young being given the free role next to Carew. The young lads gave the team a lift and we went from there.

West Ham though. That Kiwi Winston Reid looked like he had won a competition to play in the EPL. Upson and Green were woeful. Bar Carlton Cole their entire team was an absolute shambles. Tompkins too is nowhere near good enough for this level.

+1

Lovely strike from Drogba, despite the shite wall from West Brom

Wigan. :lol:

Chelsea denying Blackpool their moment in the sun at the top of the table here. Impressive display, you’d have to say. Malouda looks to be taking up where he left off at the back end of last season. WBA don’t look up to much on first viewing.

Damm I thought Chelsea were finished but then they go out and win 6.0. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Shan, from your posts on the fantasy league thread you don’t seem to think Evra will be in United’s first team. Why so? Have I missed something?

have the Liverpool Arsenal game on internet here in background, Joe Cole just been sent off, looked pretty harsh. yellow was all it was.

Theo Walcot just tripped over the ball in the box, comical :lol:

Reina with a fuck up! Thought it was a free on first viewing but there was little or no contact.

Felt sorry for him there.Nearly got away with it. Some powerful effort from Gerrard there if a little central.

howler from Reina alright. liverpool looked like having it in control with 10 men and then at the death to concede.

Wouldn’t feel sorry for him. That was actually an awful error. It wasn’t like it just hit off him from the post, he fumbled it in. Very poor goalkeeping. I think Reina is generally a very good goalkeeper, but he has a tendency to go through spells of making mistakes. It will be important for him to a have a couple of solid games now I think to regain his confidence.

I Would have said Reina makes very few mistakes, that one being one of his rare ones. He’ll have no trouble coming back from that, its what the good keepers do, regain focus and move on. It was 90th min, first game of season, WC final 5 weeks ago (fine, didnt play, but was on duty and by looks of it celebrated more than anyone else) week or 2 off at best. It was a fumble, but there was sun, there was pressure, and it was one of those things. I’m quite happy to feel some sympathy for him, he would strike you as an entirely alright sort.

The sun is irrelevant to my point, because I think the initial mistake wasn’t bad. It was his inability to deal with the ball when it came off the post. He generally doesn’t make mistakes, but when he does, he can make a string of them. I remember the start of the '06/'07 season (I think it was) when he had a series of mistakes, which is why I think the next couple of games are important for him. Rather have him than Almunia though!

Paul Merson and Jamie Redknapp in the one studio. Fucking hell, I’m getting dumber just listening to it.

Jamie: ‘The ball literally explodes off your foot.’

His misuse of the word literally will never cease to be funny to me.

Sickening in fairness. Would have been a big psychological boost. Two years ago they got out of similar games with wins in the first month of the season and it really set them up for a challenge.

Exactly Braz, their discussion about Ngogs goal was the most amazing thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

Cole can have no complaints for that sending off.

Disappointing to only draw that. Was just remarking to my brother how class Reina is and then he fucks up badly. Some heroic performances there particularly in defence. Thought Mascherano was superb as well.

Great strike from Ngog - Almunia couldn’t do much about it.