2010/2011 English Premier League Discussion Thread

I haven’t followed it that closely Larry but i wouldn’t have thought there was 6-0 results every week

Rooney out for Fulham game with stomach bug?

Joey Barton sporting the worst moustache of all time puts Newcastle 1-0 up against Villa.

Newcastle tearing Villa a new one - 3-0 now. Bad mistake by Dicky Dunne there.

5-0 now. The Tyneside hype machine will click into overdrive soon.

Another predictable result in the EPL eh…?

6-0 now and an Andy Carroll hat-trick. Crazy scenes.

Duff just made a show of Evra there, got incredibly lucky, but you make your luck. Davies equalises as a result, 1-1 at the Cottage.

Its all going on at the cottage. OG for Haangeland. Missed penalty for Nani. Haangeland then goes and scores an equaliser with 30 secs to go. Zamora grabs the ball and goes to Haangeland pointing to say “one more and its yours”. :smiley:

Fair bit of drama at the cottage. 2-2 now. Utd missed a penalty and Fulham score an equaliser 2 mins later.

As close to May 2009 Captainshan after that last 10 minutes.

Richard Dunne’s defending today was pretty horrendous judging from the highlights.

I think it’s more competitive these days tbh. You’ve probably a three horse race to win it, then four of five teams with a shot at fourth. Below that you’ve your fulhams, stokes, birminghams and blackburns that are fairly competitive. In a 20 team division there’s gonna be an obvious enough gap between those at the top and the bottom.

compared to 25 years ago though its less competitive- in reality only 2 teams can win it this year & thats the same as the last few years- money has made the richer lubs go out of sight of the other clubs- all the top leagues are like that now

Man City: Hart, Richards, Toure, Kompany, Lescott, De Jong, Toure Yaya, Barry, Milner, Adam Johnson, Tevez. Subs: Given, Zabaleta, Wright-Phillips, Adebayor, Silva, Vieira, Jo.
Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Agger, Jovanovic, Gerrard, Lucas, Kuyt, Torres, Ngog. Subs: Jones, Aurelio, Pacheco, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Babel, Poulsen.
Referee: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire)

Disappointed to see Silva on the bench, was looking forward to getting a look at him at the COMS. Citys backline are there to be got at if Liverpool can get through that midfield, could be goals in this game.

Its a very defensive approach from City with Barry, De Jong and Nana toure in the team. You would think at home that City would play 2 up front. I fancy Pool to nick this.

Its the Mancini way. Hold out, and hope to nick a goal. I dont see it winning a league. I believe in Carlitos.

I did as well at one stage. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Sheikh Mansour is in attendance for the first time at the COMS.

No pressure James Milner. None. At. All.

Jaysus thats a soft yellow for Skertel…