2010 Summer Transfer Window

Bellend is a money chasing cunt. He’ll play for is ‘beloved’ Cardiff if the oex owners stump up the green for his high wages.

White trash

Bellers is not training with Cardiff according to SSN. Who to believe? Guardian or SSN?

West End scum.

Given wasnt great for City last year. Poor at crosses. How many times do you see him come out for a cross and claim it or even like Reina come out and fist it clear.

This may be a bit controversial but Given aint the bravest either.

Reina by far the best, Gomes probably next best. The rest meh. Tim Howard is dogshit. Friedel is average too. Was awful muck in his first season with Villa. Been better since but crap with the ball at his feet and less of a presence than Given in the box.

Joe Hart is a bit special imo. Bout time England produced a decent one. Seaman the last one.

ACC to 442, Warren Barton has said Shay Given will be at Arsenal before the end of the transfer window.

Warren Barton I ask you, what insight does he have that I dont know of?!

Former teammate of Given is about the only thing I can think of

Reading the full article its a little contrived to say the least

Barry Glendenning in The Guardian sums up my view on Shay Given:

Shay Given’s career at Manchester City is almost certainly over

One goalkeeper who did have an unsurprisingly assured opening to the Premier League campaign was Joe Hart, whose transformation into an octopus helped Manchester City to keep Tottenham Hotspur scoreless as they threatened to run riot in the opening half at White Hart Lane. Occasionally, after one of Hart’s excellent saves, the Sky producer would order his minions to cut to the camera trained on Hart’s predecessor as City’s first-choice goalkeeper, Shay Given, and was probably gutted that he couldn’t treat viewers to footage of the Irishman visibly scowling, spitting contemptuously or cursing his replacement’s name.

What we did see was an accomplished goalkeeper who probably knows the jig is up for him at City and is ready to assess his options, the least appealing of which must be a season spent kicking his heels on the bench. Fulham are believed to be interested, but it’s telling that Given still isn’t being linked with a move to a top club playing Champions League football in England or abroad. Their scouts have obviously seen the shortcomings – an inability to command his penalty area and a reluctance to come off his line for crosses – hordes of the player’s army of fanatical Irish cheerleaders refuse to accept exist.

He’d be quite a comedown in quality after Boruc but he’s far, far better than Zaluska in fairness.

I’ve always thought Given was a bit overrated. Partly to do with his height. He’s never struck me as a commanding presence either, never thought he was in charge of his defence. He seemed to be forever giving self-serving interviews after games when he was at Newcastle too, all but agreeing with an interviewer if it was put to him that he was single-handedly keeping Newcastle in games with his brilliant saves. It always struck me that it might piss his teammates off.

quoting that fake paddy cunt is beneath you in fairness

I fucking despise him. He had a great one there last week on football weekly - Kevesque - Fabio Capello is the worst English manager ever was his argument. What a dickhead.

How is he a fake paddy? I’d reckon he lived in Ireland longer than you did.

I think he’s a little up his own hole but I like his wit and he’s not afraid to play devil’s advocate.

I wouldn’t be overly well up on the history of England’s managers but England were spectacularly inept on the biggest stage of all in the summer and Capello has managed things badly since. He’s doing a very poor job imo. Could still turn it around I guess.

+1. A born and bred Birr man. Worked with Hot Press for years, used to be a decent read whilst there also. Not afraid to say what he thinks even if what he thinks can be utter bollox at times. Can be quite amusing at times.

yes I think we all have heard your argument before that you have to be living in ireland to be considered irish. You have brought it up often enough. Pity you werent consistent with it (Connolly, McGeady, Glasgow Celtic etc etc) but we cant hope for everything.

Glendinning makes a living abroad playing up the whole look at me, I’m Irish I’m here for the laughs, say controversial things but with nothing to back it up. In some ways like Tommy Smith you have to admire them for somehow pulling the wool over enough people’s eyes. But for those with an interest in football and are Irish, they are deeply embarassing. The football coverage in the Guardian has been dumbed down significantly recently. Glendinning, Hayward, Williams etc

Don’t know much about this Glendenning bloke but stating Capello as the worst ever English manager is a little farfetched. Taylor and McClaren both failed to reach major Championships in relatively recent years and they failed to qualify for 1974 and 1978 World Cups (Don Revie may have been in charge for one of those campaigns).

He just plays the dumb card - that is hardly wit. Just comes out with nonsensical gibberish repeatedly. A couple of dumb stories about Ireland thrown in every now and again. His latest fixation with Shay Given is typical. Granted Given isnt the best keeper in the world I think most realise that now but he aint useless. He is still one of the best keepers in the EPL. Glendinning is trying to get a bit of notice with his Given tirades. At least Paul Doyle or even Ken Earley have some knowledge about the game.

Fabio Capello as a manager made poor selection choices in the picking of his World Cup squad and the tournament as a whole was a disaster. Yet they strolled through qualifying hammering Croatia in Zagreb in the process. McClaren didnt even get England to qualify. Venables didnt need to qualify. Keegan was farcical. It was an incredibly dumb statement to make.

He got them to the semis of Euro 1996 where they lost on penalties. He hardly deserves to be thrown in with the rest of them.

To be fair to Glendenning he’s held this view on Given for some time now, the Fabio rant was ill conceived I’ll agree.

Bellamy loan to Cardiff. Fact.

Paul Doyle? You’re having a laugh. The worst Internet personality to emerge from Malahide. Not much of a soccer expert.

You don’t have to agree with Glendenning to admit he’s Irish though.