2010 Summer Transfer Window

Juventus have signed a lot of players this summer. Krasic, the Serbian winger, joined them the other day for €12m from CSKA Moscow. They also signed Storari, Motta, Aquilani, Pepe and a few others that aren’t springing to mind - some on loan deals. I still think they lack a really quality striker but they’re trying to bridge the gap after finishing 7th last season.

The youtube hero, his agent, and Barcelona are in discussions at the moment with Milan.

Sebastian Squillaci(son of italian great Toto) has signed for Arsenal

How come he has a different surname to his father?

He spells it in Frnech due to his French mother, whil the auld lad spells it in Italian…

Similar to O’Se and O’Shea

What’s Frnech?

tpyo

Robinho to AC Milan is the latest, he’s not interested in a move to Turkey.

Arsenal look to have given up on Schwarzter and have turned their attention to Mickel Landreau…He looked a serious prospect back 5 or 6 years ago, think he moved to PSG and struggled…

Spurs being linked with Huntelaar today

I am now officially linking myself to AC Milan, you heard it here first

I know loads of revisionists here think he’s shite but I really can’t understand why Arsenal wouldn’t try and sign Given. Surely he’d be ideal for them. Has a good few years left at top level too.
The poor cunt’s career really is rightly fucked if he doesn’t go to them though. Fierce cruel on him after finally joining a decent club at last he finds himself on the bench just as their about to challenge. Probably end up somewhere like Fulham now, might as well have stayed at fucking Newcastle!

Marc Antoine Fortune has joined West Brom from Celtic

Don’t think anyone said he was shite, just pointed out the fact that he lacks an ability to come for crosses and command his box…He is a very good keeper, no doubt about that and has been excellent for Ireland but it is because of these failings that the likes of Ferguson and Wenger didn’t take a punt on him

If Schwartzer goes to Arsenal then I’d say he will go to Fulham on loan

Ah yeah, was exaggerating. I think he’s at least as good a keeper as Schwarzer, Almunia and plenty Ferguson has taken punts on. Have never really seen any great evidence of this inability to come for crosses and dominate his box. Going to Fulham would be some disaster for him in relative terms.

A few things on Given:

As an Irish supporter, no one could question his performances for us. He has been Ireland’s best player since the Charlton era and I include the two Keanes in that.

While he may have flaws I still think he is a top keeper. One of the best shot stoppers there is (better than Reina) but maybe lacks the presence of the true greats like Schmeichel who remains the best keeper I have even seen. That said he is better than Schwartzer and much better than Almunia.

There is not a chance in hell that Arsenal would have got him as City wouldn’t sell him to Arsenal. I think Wenger may well have guessed that.

As for feeling sorry for him, I dont as he stayed too long at Newcastle. He was a top EPL keeper there for years and seemed content to stay instead of looking for a move. He can’t have much complaints about being stuck as number 2 to Hart, he was there before Given came and has been immense since the start of the season after having a very good season last time around. Didn’t like that crying to the press about Hart only being included because he was English. He is there on merit.

I would be a huge fan of Schwartzer myself, have praised him many times of this forum…For me he is the most underrated keeper in the league, very consistent…May be a step down somewhat but it would be far better than sitting on the bench for City this season, I think Fulham will have a decent season under Hughes, they were fine and impressive against United and should have won, Dembele looks a good addition up front, add in Salcido at left back and they will definately make the top half comfortably

dunno if this has been posted here but blackburn have signed on loan for a year, benjani and mame diouf (who scored a hattrick on his debut.

just read the whole thread- the EPL is fucked when you look at the standard of players the brit clubs are buying

the youtube hero has failed in Spain and is off back to Milan, the red half this time. This deal should be confirmed in the coming days.

The youtube hero deal appears to be complete. One year loan to Milan with a ‘Compulsory’ purchase (or penalty clause) at end season. The transfer fee then is thought to be a max of 24M.