2010 Summer Transfer Window

Torres is a crock. At that price they should cash in and rebuild the team. If they could get 20m plus for Gerrard they should get rid too.

Man City in talks with Real over Gago and Higuain according to Sky.

Leeds’ Jermaine Beckford gone to Everton on a free transfer

Strange move but I suppose he was never going to stay. I’m surprised Fergusons interest cooled in him in recent weeks as well. He’ll be badly missed in Elland Road but seems a bit of a moany cunt so it might be no harm to let him off.

Barca have submitted a written offer for Cesc and are in formal negotiations with Arsenal.

“Yesterday afternoon we presented a firm, written offer to Arsenal,” Barca director general Joan Oliver told the club website today.

Real Madrid’s new coach Jose Mourinho is hoping to make Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard one of his first new signings, a Spanish sports newspaper said Wednesday.

“Gerrard, very close to Real Madrid,” headlined the sports daily Marca.

Mourinho joined Real on a four-year deal this week in the wake of leading Inter Milan to an historic treble of successes in Italy’s Serie A championship, the Italian Cup and Champions League.

He replaced Manuel Pellegrini, sacked last week after a barren season having spent 250 million euros on new players including Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Xabi Alonso.

The one-time Chelsea boss has said he hopes to boost the team with two wide defenders and two midfielders.

And 30-year-old England international Gerrard is now one of his priorities, Marca said.

His first choice to support Alonso in midfield was Italy’s Daniele de Rossi of Roma, but the club has already said he is not for sale

The source is interesting, Marca have very strong links with Perez.

Barca are said to have offered €35m for Fabregas, with Arsenal looking for nearly double that. :lol:

Arsenal will do well to get more than 50 given Cesc’s wanting to leave. Although considering Barca paid such an amount for that piece of shit they bought last Summer from Inter, Arsenal are entitled to feel agrieved at such a paltry sum in comparison.

50 would be obscene for Fabregas. Maxwell was way cheaper in comparison to the ludicrous sum Arsenal are demanding and I thought he was competent enough filling in for Abidal.

Paddy Kenny has signed for QPR. I will post further reports as i get them…

I’m sure Dunph would have posted this in due course, but in his absence as he tends to the herd…

Hamburg’s Jerome Boateng has confirmed he will sign for Man City before leaving for the World Cup.

Manchester City expect to complete the £10.5m signing of the Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng before the World Cup but will only pursue a second raid on the Bundesliga, for Edin Dzeko, if Wolfsburg lower their asking price for the Bosnian centre-forward.

Steven Fletcher looks to be heading to Wolves for 7 million…seems a bit on the high side, he didn’t look anything too special for Burnley

Any chance of them giving us Alonso back as part of the Gerrard deal?

Rafa will forever regret deciding that the functionality of Gareth Barry was preferable to the silky skills and game controls of Xabi.

If only. Now that Fat Rafa is gone, I wonder if the new manager might sell Gerrard to generate some transfer funds?

Fletcher is a good player, he’ll do alright at Wolves. I’d value him at somewhere between 5-6m.

More on the Kenny story - he will pocket a cool 20k a week at QPR…

I think Fletcher’s a decent player too. Not sure how he’ll work with Doyle, they’ll need to change their style a bit, but he has a decent touch about him.

That Boateng lad is a good defender.

Der Hammer has joined the Hammers on a 3year deal, he has a ferocious left leg on him, I’m looking forward to seeing him in the EPL again.

Hitzlsperger I presume???

Yup

“Tommy the hammer”.