2013 O'Byrne Cup, Walsh Cup, and other lesser Provincial Competitions Thread

Clare should win handy enough, only 4-5 first teamers on that Cork squad.

Someone up the NFL 2013 thread please.

What’s your take on Donal Og being dropped from the panel Turenne?

Its basically the end of his inter-county career. He is injured until the start of March and hasn’t played for 9 or so months so he would have missed most of the league anyway, which makes this announcement regarding his squad status rather weird, and almost certainly political. It’ll be interesting if either Nash/McCarthy get injured, and see who comes in if Cusack is fit, but I don’t expect to see him play for Cork again.

Anyway, he is another legend that is being moved on; hopefully he’ll get involved in underage hurling, at least at a club level.

Clare’s U-21s beat us handy, no surprise.

Attention TAN, were you at the game Friday and if so any opinion on the new Cork players.

Limerick will not be taking part in the 2014 McGrath Cup

Fuck. That throws my plans for Sundays in January totally up in the air.

cork footballers are starting back training next weekend for this, i presume most county sides are back already except mayo/dublin…
mcgeeney did a ferocious session with armagh last saturday, they’ll start ballwork around end of march id say

[quote=“mickee321, post: 851507, member: 367”]cork footballers are starting back training next weekend for this, i presume most county sides are back already except mayo/dublin…
mcgeeney did a ferocious session with armagh last saturday, they’ll start ballwork around end of march id say[/quote]
Christ imagine listening to McGeeney roaring about September to you as he runs the bollocks off you in October.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 851507, member: 367”]cork footballers are starting back training next weekend for this, i presume most county sides are back already except mayo/dublin…
mcgeeney did a ferocious session with armagh last saturday, they’ll start ballwork around end of march id say[/quote]

Thee ignorance of you two isfascinating

Its rare I hear that said about me tbh

have you been reading Richard III?

Kilkenny have sensationally WITHDRAWN from the Welsh (Walsh) Cup “as a mark of respect to Lester Ryan’s father Johnny” who has died.

We will have new champions this year in one of the glamour competitions in hurling’s premier province.

Huh, I always thought Lesters father was Lester. Go figure.

Lester is his uncle, Johnny Ryan died this morning in an accident on the farm.

Ah Jesus, another farm accident, RIP.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1078102, member: 180”]Ah Jesus, another farm accident, RIP.[/]

Tragic. Plus the river is still being dragged to find the body of a man who went in on Saturday night. He was a cousin of both Jackie Tyrrell and Tommy and Padraig Walsh .[/QUOTE]

Just reading there, a tractor rolled back on him. Fucking hell, that’s a terrible way to go.

30 people lost their lives in farm accidents in 2014, the highest number in 23 years :frowning: