2013 O'Byrne Cup, Walsh Cup, and other lesser Provincial Competitions Thread

Johnny Doyle should have gone too as he struck out at Bastickā€™s face.

Phew. You must be relieved, cumspot. It was absolutely critical that expectations were dampened by this loss tonight. :lol:

Kildare, Tyrone and Kerry are celebrating tonight. Leitrim and Sligo do battle tomorrow to see who completes the top 4 in the country right now

Was a minor last year.

yes poundage ā€¦i had a wry smile at the final whistle as i bit down hard on my last milk mooā€¦

dublin are going to be a serious outfit this summer poundageā€¦seriousā€¦no point pretendingā€¦there could be a good few lads with 2 year old all irleand medals not getting near the teamā€¦ :strokechin:

stocky bastard for a 19 year oldā€¦looks a great prospectā€¦kicked one superb score and then hit a ridiculous diagional pass that would have put his teammate in on goal only for the recipient to spill itā€¦ he had a creativity u wouldnā€™t associate with a mcgeeney kildare teamā€¦

Was at Cork/WIT, Cork won easily, WIT were garbage and apparently werenā€™t allowed to use any of their Waterford players.

For this year a lot will still depend on the Brogans getting back to form and getting somebody to back up McAuley in midfield. Declan Oā€™Mahony isnā€™t the answer, he couldnā€™t get into the game at all. I expect to see James McCarthy tried out there again during the league. Unreal talent coming through but itā€™ll probably take two or three years for those young players to really develop into top class senior players.

[quote=ā€œscumpot, post: 732120ā€]Was a minor last year.

stocky bastard for a 19 year oldā€¦looks a great prospectā€¦kicked one superb score and then hit a ridiculous diagional pass that would have put his teammate in on goal only for the recipient to spill itā€¦ he had a creativity u wouldnā€™t associate with a mcgeeney kildare teamā€¦[/quote]
Is he the fella thrown off the panel last year? Back to back OBCā€™s for McGeeney now I think, what a return for a 700,000 deficit :clap:

Fuck off for yourself. You were busy tipping up WIT at 4/1 you cunt.

If youā€™re talking about the chap who was thrown off after going to Oxegen in 2011 it was Sean Hurley.

Has Paul Cribbin come back from Australia or is he still out there?

I was hardly to know the Waterford management are such cunts they wonā€™t let their lads play for WIT now was Iā€¦

think OĀ“Mahoney will defo play a role around middle in the summerā€¦probably only as a sub.he got on the ball tonite but he took the wrong option a few timesā€¦the U21s that are good enough will come through straight away I thinkā€¦they won that all ireland last year with easeā€¦the S&C work they have done over the years really showed and it will make the jump to senior a lot easierā€¦costelloe will need more time alrightā€¦

any comments on brady at fullback?..thought he looked completely lostā€¦

Your research leaves a lot to be desired.

Canā€™t see Oā€™Mahony being involved much come the summer. He looked desperately ponderous any time he got the ball and was taken off at half time in extra time after coming on as a sub durimng the second half of normal time.

Not sold on Brady at all based on the admittedly little Iā€™ve seen of him playing football and he has no chance whatsoever of playing full back for Dublin come the championship as Oā€™Carroll has that spot sewn up for the next decade probably. I assume McMahon would slot in there in the event of an injury to Oā€™Carroll. Nelson looks like a player who can make the step up, surprised he hasnā€™t staked a stronger claim over the last couple of years as heā€™s always been a player who has impressed me.

Was that Oā€™Conghaile at 10 tonight? He was named there in the programme but I donā€™t recall him being involved much.

Yes it was Oā€™Conghaile. Had a very poor game.

Nelson has been dogged with injuries the last few yearsā€¦if he gets a good run at it he could a Karl Lacey in the makingā€¦i presumed that was OĀ“Conaghaile as he was wearing 10ā€¦donĀ“t know what he looks like to be honestā€¦No.10 was on the ball in patches in first halfā€¦the no. 11 that came on at the very end wasnĀ“t diarmuid connolly as the program and announcer both statedā€¦it was mcarthy from ST. Penguins i thinkā€¦

Cork Team vs Clare:

1. Anthony Nash
    Kanturk

2. Conor Oā€™Sullivan 3. Mark Ellis 4. Pat Oā€™Sullivan
    Sarsfields Millstreet Carrigtwohill

3. Colm Spillane 6. Christopher Joyce 7. Stephen White
    Castlelyons Na Piarsaigh Ballygarvan

4. Daniel Kearney 9. Rob Oā€™Shea
    Sarsfields Carrigaline

5. Brian Corry 11. Cian McCarthy 12. Cormac Murphy
    Ballymartle Sarsfields Mallow

6. Adrian Mannix 14. Stephen Moylan 15. Jamie Coughlan
    Kilworth Douglas Newtownshandrum

Subs:
16. Willie McCarthy Carrigtwohill
17. James Oā€™Donovan Bandon
18. Michael Walsh Kildorrery
19. Stephen McDonnell Glen Rovers
20. David Pyne Harbour Rovers
21. Daire Lordan Courcey Rovers
22. Fintan Oā€™Leary Ballinhassig

What way have Paddy Power priced up the Clare v Cork game.

Clare 5/4 Cork 8/11. Wouldnā€™t go near either team in this sort of match.