2013 RTÉ Sports Awards

When was back in the day?

No fear of that.

Well she has a 11 year old which was born in London, so probably a couple of years previous to that. I think she said late 90’s.

Such a bottler he is a senior inter county hurler at his age, and one of the great talents of his generation in a sport like hurling. Yes indeed. Ffs.

that’s a sensational post

The type of post Internet message boards were made for. Tell us a few of these stories though, you can’t leave us hanging like that.

your points make no fucking sense. The fact of the matter is that he shat himself big time in the all ireland semi final. FACT.

Usual, sex, drink, drugs and rock 'n roll. Nothing out of the ordinary debauchery people at that age with money get up to. She said he was a top bloke and had at the time was well into him, but he was pretty much untamable.

Is he irish? I think that’s how it came up, meeting Irish lads in London.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 877495, member: 273”]Usual, sex, drink, drugs and rock 'n roll. Nothing out of the ordinary debauchery people at that age with money get up to. She said he was a top bloke and had at the time was well into him, but he was pretty much untamable.

Is he irish? I think that’s how it came up, meeting Irish lads in London.[/quote]
Interesting seeing as mccoy is a teetotaler

Bottling doesn’t have anything to do with talent. In fact you have to have the talent to be able to choke

The man may one one occasion have mishit a free. You cannot achieve the level of sporting excellence that Declan hannon has, and be a “bottler”. To get to that level you need to be gifted, and as hard as fucking nails. Anyone who labels Declan hannon a bottler is an idiot.

I can’t really remember that game fully but you aren’t understanding what bottling means. Bottling is when you usually have the capability of doing something 9 times out of 10 and are continually not able to do it on the big occasion.

He shat himself when it really mattered against Clare. He bottled it

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 877495, member: 273”]Usual, sex, drink, drugs and rock 'n roll. Nothing out of the ordinary debauchery people at that age with money get up to. She said he was a top bloke and had at the time was well into him, but he was pretty much untamable.

Is he irish? I think that’s how it came up, meeting Irish lads in London.[/quote]

Fuxake.

You Sir have no concept of what a ‘bottler’ is. Many people will say that Jonny Sexton or Rory McIlroy are gifted but both of these have also bottled it on occasions aswell so your argument does not hold up mate.

Also remind me of the ‘Sporting Excellence’ that Hannon has achieved? Winning a Munster Final hardly constitutes sporting excellence (ans neither does schools competitions so dont throw that back at me)

Hannon may as well give it up. He shits himself when the pressure is on. Limerick will win fuck all if they’re depending on him.

[quote=“North County Corncake, post: 877514, member: 2428”]You Sir have no concept of what a ‘bottler’ is. Many people will say that Jonny Sexton or Rory McIlroy are gifted but both of these have also bottled it on occasions aswell so your argument does not hold up mate.

Also remind me of the ‘Sporting Excellence’ that Hannon has achieved? Winning a Munster Final hardly constitutes sporting excellence (ans neither does schools competitions so dont throw that back at me)[/quote]
Remind me sir, of your great sporting achievements. One “bottled” free under extreme pressure, does not make you a bottler. Failing to pick yourself up from that does. Declan hannon was by all accounts outstanding in the club championship thereafter. He is a hero, not a bottler. By your logic, one piss up makes one an alcoholic. I’m sure the Presbyterians could make use of you as a preacher.

And what shithole were you reared in?

He played like a retard against Tipp last year. He’s a liability. He hasn’t got the metal for I C.

Just like how you would shit yourself if you were locked in a room with the great hurling talent that is Declan Hannon.Sure John Gardiner blasted all the 65’s wide in the 2003 all ireland final and he bounced back from it.

So far Declan Hannon has had one bad day at the office against Clare this year so what are you blabbering about?It’s not the Wahurford hurlers with their 45 years worth of bottling it on the big occasion were talking about here.:smiley: